First Encounter

I sit up in bed fast. I'm drenched in a cold sweat. Then I remember my dream and throw off the covers. I run out of my room and run straight to Jazz's room. I throw open the door and see her bed empty. I get scared and let Purp out to help me find her. He's standing next to me.

"I'll check the living room, the kitchen, and the bathrooms. You check the bedrooms." I nod and run out of the room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Purp and I meet up in the living room. He shakes his head. I sigh.

"She's gone. She's gone and it's my fault," I say as I sit on the couch and put my head in my hands.

"No it's not, it's not your fault. There's no way you could've known that Anti would try to get to you. Wait a minute. There's still one room we haven't checked yet." I don't move my head.

"What room is that?" He sits down next to me.

"The basement." I jerk my head up. I forgot I had a basement because I never go down there. The door is in the kitchen. We get up and walk to the door. We look at each other and nod.

I slowly open the door and walk down the rickety wooden steps. It's a plain room with supply shelves lined against the wall. It was left without paint. In the middle of the cement floor is Jazz. She's lying on the floor unconscious on her stomach. I run up to her and flip her over. I look over her body and see nothing wrong. I pick her up and carry her upstairs. Purp is waiting by the door. He follows behind me as I walk to Jazz's room. I set her down on her bed and put her covers back on her. I turn back to Purp and close my eyes. When I open them, Purp is gone. I'm too scared to sleep, so I walk to the living room. I sit on the couch and turn of the T.V. and turn on Soul Eater.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I look at my phone to check the time. It was 7:20 AM. I get up off the couch and walk up to Jazz's room to check on her. She's still asleep. I want to talk to her and it's Tuesday. I leave her room and walk to the living room. I pick up my phone and dial her school's number. It rings twice before someone picked up.

"Thomas Jefferson High School. How may I help you?" A feminine voice says.

"Hi, I'm Nate Sharp, Jazz Sharp's father, and I was calling to inform you that Jazz will not be attending school today due to a family emergency," I say. I hear keyboard clicks for a few seconds before I hear her voice.

"Alright, thank you very much, I will let her teachers know." I nod even though I know she can't see me.

"Thank you very much," I say and I hang up. I set my phone on the nightstand and walk back up to Jazz's room. I open her door and see her sitting on her bed, rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes. Then she looks over at her alarm clock and sees it's 8 AM and starts rushing out of bed.

"Whoa! Jazz, calm down. You're not going to school today." She stops moving and sits down on her bed. "Why not?" She asks. "I have to talk to you about something." I go to sit on the edge of her bed. I tell her about my dream and Purp and I looking all over the house for her, then finding her in the basement on the floor. While I was telling the story, she was very focused.

"So, I'm wanted dead by an evil glitch. Lovely," She says sarcastically. I lean forward and hug her.

"I would never let that happen." All of a sudden, we hear an evil laugh echo throughout the house. I stand up and release Purp. Jazz stands up next to Purp and I and we face her door. It was closed and had someone, more like something, leaning against it.