Another Glitch

While walking to the parking lot, Purp's eyes widen.

"What?" I ask. Purp looks at me.

"Nate, he's in trouble. One of the stage lights fell from the ceiling and landed on top of him." My eyes widen, too. I see Adam. I look back at Purp and am about to say something, but Purp cuts me off before I say the first syllable."You go on your date with Adam. I'll go help Nate and help him home." I nod and he materializes into purple particles and floats away. Adam comes up to me.

"Where did Purp go? Why did he leave?" I look at him.

"Dad got hurt and Purp had to help." He nods.

"My mom said I could go to the park. Let's go." He says. We start walking. When we get there, he looks at me. We stare at each other, then Adam taps me on the shoulder.

"YOU'RE IT!" He yells.

"You sonuva-" I say, chasing after him. For half an hour we were playing tag. Then we stopped for ice cream and talked. At five o'clock we head to my house. We walk in the house, dad laying on the couch, shirtless, with a brace around his abdomen. Adam stays in the doorway.

"DAD!" I say, running up to dad. "What happened?" He looks at me.

"One of the bolts came loose on one of the stage lights and it fell on top of me. I almost blacked out until Purp joined me and gave me his strength to lift it off me," He says, sounding a little out of breath. Purp walks down the stairs, holding a blanket. He sets it on dad and sits on one of the stools at the island.

"The light ended up breaking only 4 of his ribs. Without me, he probably would've broken at least 6," Purp adds. I turn to dad.

"Hey dad, my friends are wondering what happened this weekend. Can they come over so I can tell them? With your help maybe." Purp looks at me.

"I'll help tell the story instead. Let your dad rest." I nod. "And yes, you're friends can come over." Adam sits on another stool next to Purp looking a little intimidated. I pick up my phone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Half an hour, all my friends are sitting on the floor in front of dad as I sit on the floor in front of them and the T.V. Purp picks up dad very carefully and walks up the stairs.

"Hey Jazz, what happened to your dad?" Jake asks.

"While shooting one of his music videos, one of the stage lights fell on top of him." They all gasp. "4 of his ribs are broken." They all tell me they're sorry. Then Purp comes down and sits on the chair while they all climb on the couch, me staying on the ground.

"Ok, I left off on dad being too scared to sleep. Ok. Dad called the school and told them to not expect me. That morning dad told me what happened, then all of a sudden dad and I blacked out." Everyone looks at Purp now.

"I was brought to the 'dream world', which sides call the Mindscape, and that was where Anti and I fought. Anti almost ended up almost killing me, which also almost killed Nate. I didn't know until right before I blacked out, but Nate and Jazz were there too." Everyone looks back at me.

"All of a sudden we were transported back to my room, where Purp and dad were dying from stab wounds. I called Uncle Mark and Uncle Jack. They came over and saved both of them." They look at me confused.

"How did they save him?" Elise asks.

"Schneep." They nod in understanding.

"Ohhhhh." They focus on me again.