Another Hospital Visit

I get off the bus and walk up to the school. I see Adam waiting for me. I walk up to him and grab his hand. We look at each other and smile, then walk into the school. We walk to our lockers, which happen to be right next to each other, and grab our books putting away our backpacks. Sad thing is, I have Math and he has Language Arts.

"Too bad we have different classes," I say. He makes a fake pout. I smile and kiss his cheek. "I'll see you at lunch," I say. He smiles. We grab each other's hands and give them a tight squeeze for a second. The we let go of the others hand and walk off to our class.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I go to my locker and put my Science book away. I head to the lunch room and find my friends. I sit down next to Adam. We smile at each other and we hold hands under the table.

"Awwwww," I hear. I look away from Adam and see everyone at my table looking at Adam and I.

"What? Can't a couple have some privacy?" I ask. They all shake their heads, smiling.

"Nope." Sarah says, popping the "p". I shake my head in disappointment, though I'm smiling. When our table gets called, we get up and get our lunch. As I grab my food, I feel somebody punch my back, and I drop my food and fall to my knees by the unexpected force.

"Jazz!" I hear Adam calls out. I hear his footsteps come running towards me, as he had brought his lunch so he didn't need to leave the table. I bring one leg up so I'm kneeling. Adam grabs under my arms and pulls me up to my feet. I look at the person who hurt me. I didn't recognize her. She had dark black wavy hair that reached right above her butt. Her eyes are a bright blue and her skin is the color of apricots.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I want to ruin you." My friends and I all looked at each other, then at her.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I EVEN DO TO YOU?" I yell/ask her.

"You ruined my one chance at a good life." I shake my head in confusion. "Oh, you don't know? The man you call your father, was going to be mine. He was going to adopt ME!" She yells at us. She gets pissed and runs at me, but not before Purp appears in front of me, taking the hit for me. He doesn't actually get hit though, because he catches her fist and twists it, but only enough to scare her. He let go of her fist and she runs.

"Purp? Thank you but what are you doing here?" He turns around to look at me.

"Nate, he's been admitted to the hospital." I look at my friends.

"WHAT?!?!" I ask, scared.

"He was trying to walk down the stairs, but he missed a step and fell down the stairs, re-fracturing his ribs." I don't care if I'm missing the rest of my classes, I sprint out the schools front door and run like my life depends on it. I know the hospital is close and I head there. After about 15 minutes, I arrive at the hospital. I burst through the front door and go up to the front desk.

"N-Na-Nathan Sh-Sharp. Wh-where is he?" I ask, out of breath. The lady at the front desk, who's name tag read Karen, looks concerned.

"Why are you out of breath?" I put my hands behind my head and take deep breaths.

"I sprinted from school about 15 minutes from here." She nods.

"He's right there." She points to her right. I look and see dad, laying in bed, either asleep or unconscious. He looks peaceful. I walk over to the right side of his bed. I pull up a chair and sit down, grabbing his hand. I squeeze it for a second. I lay my head on the back of the chair. I close my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.

(Nate's Pov)

I slowly open my eyes. I feel something on my hand, causing me to look over. Jazz is asleep in the chair to the left. I quietly grunt in pain, and her eyes fly open, allowing me to see her shining blue/grey eyes.

"DAD! You're awake!" She leaps off the chair and hugs me.

"Ow," I slightly hiss in pain. She jumps off me just as fast as she jumped on me.

"Sorry." I take in a deep breath, and release it.

"It's ok." I sigh. "What happened?" She nervously smiles and laughs.

"Umm, you may have fallen down the stairs and re-fractured your ribs." I sigh. Again. Jazz looks down at her hands. I slowly and gently grab her chin and make her look at me, the same thing I did the first day we met, and she smiles.

"You didn't do this. You didn't cause this. I'm just clumsy. I love you, don't you forget it." I smile myself. I scoot over and pat the bed next to me. She smiles even more and climbs in bed under the covers next to me and closes her eyes. I wrap my arms around her and close my eyes.

"I love you, too, dad."

What neither of us noticed was that after school Purp and Adam visited us and we were both asleep. Purp joined Nate and Adam's mom picked him up.

As the years passed, Nate and I were left alone, no more evil glitches or demons to bother us. About a year or two after my adoption, Dad adopted another girl named Maya who just so happened to be my blood sister. Adam and I stayed together throughout high school, getting married the year after we graduated college. I got a job at a local hospital as an ER doc, while Adam became a drummer with a now famous band. Maya got a job as an LA detective, ranking number 1 in the entire state. Dad retired from YouTube at 51, and retired singing at 57.  Adam and I had two kids, one boy and one girl. Cassidy and Nathaniel Black. Maya never married but adopted a daughter and son named Alice and Killian. Dad died at age 92, me at 90, Maya at 91, and Adam at 89. Everyone had good lives despite the struggles. But we had one more adventure, where the worst of things happened. Thankfully, throughout our adventures, we had our...

Fallen Angel's Protection.