Chapter 2: Breaking the ice

Y/N's POV:
"Oh my god! They... they're all dead!"
A woman said as we lowered further underground. There were only a few of us on the elevator, about 6, not including myself. It took just a few minutes to reach the vault entrance, where the elevator stopped and opened it's doors. Everyone got out of the elevator and walked up the metal stairs into the vault. "Nora something doesn't feel right."
"Oh, I thought it was just me."
Nora said, relived by my comment. We walked further into the vault and up to a women handing out vault suits. "Please take one and proceed to the end of the hallway, it's required." I took one of the jumpsuits from the lady with Nora and Nate behind me. The doctor told us to put on the jumpsuit and step inside a cushioned pod for some 'tests'. I took off my clothes all except for my bra and underwear. I slipped on the skin tight jumpsuit and admired the detail on it. It was a dark blue color with a gold trim on it with gold numbers on the back: 111, representing the vault number. I look over at the Nate and Nora, they looked so happy together, I guess I've always kinda been envious of her. She has such a perfect life, she's beautiful and she has a great personality. I must have been staring too long because she called me over, "Y/N, you want to hold Shawn for me? I want to talk to Nate for a bit." She hands Shawn to me and gives him a kiss on the forehead. "He seems to like you more anyway." Nora joked, walking off towards Nate. "Your mum is a bit of a jokester, probably why we're still friends." I said to Shawn, who just looked at me in response. Nora came back a short while later after the vault workers told us to get in the pods. I took the pod next to Nate and waved at Shawn and Nora from across my pod as the doors were being closed. Little did I know that the next time I would see them, 200 years would have pasted. Once they closed all the pod doors, it started to get cold and the little window on my door begin forming ice on the outside edge. My breath was now visible and I started getting sleepy, then I slowly blacked out.

A/N hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while but stay tuned for more DONT worry ok byeessss see ya next time!!