Chapter 5: Santuary Hills

A/N Sorry messed up on the title a couple of times oops!

     Y/N's POV

     The elevator had almost reached surface when the sealed hatch above us opened revealing a murky, blue sky. What I saw next shocked us speechless, I looked at Nate with wide eyes which were returned almost instantly. " It really was the end of the world, wasn't it?"
" Yeah I guess you could say that" Nate said, looking over the new world before us. The atomic bomb really did a number on, well, everything.

         The trees and plants looked to be scorched and dead with no leaves at all. The grass was no longer green, but a light brown color, like the trees, it looked dead. The neighborhood below was ruined, all the houses were either destroyed or had holes in the roofs and walls. The picket fences, scattered across the once beautiful lawns, and all the doors had come clean off the hinges.

    "Nate maybe we should search the neighborhood, maybe Codsworth survived the bomb?" I said walking towards our former neighborhood.

       Nate followed me into his house to find the roof almost nonexistent and the windows completely shattered, but the front door was funnily still attached. We started to approach the front lawn when we saw a familiar butler robot.
       "Nate I think that's Codsworth!"
I said, walking closer to him.
         "Sir? Miss Y/N?It's.. it's really you!" Codsworth said, levitating towards us excitedly.
         "Hey buddy! We missed you too!" Nate said, walking to Codsworth. Codsworth acted like he had lost it for a little while into our conversation, but Nate talked some sense into him.
       "Sir, where is Mrs Nora and Shawn?" He finally asked, looking behind us.

      "They're...gone Codsworth, someone took Shawn and killed Nora in the process. We're only lucky they didn't come back for us." Nate finished, looking down.
      "Codsworth, have you seen Shawn? Anyone who looked like they had a baby?" I asked while comforting Nate.
      "Well, after 200 years you see a lot of things." He said to us, causing Nate and I look at each other.

      "200 years?! That.. that can't be!" Nate and I said in disbelief.
        "Yes I'm afraid so, that means your.. two centuries late for dinner!" Codsworth said in his normal, cheery voice.
       "This doesn't make sense! We've been frozen cucumbers for 200 years?!" I said, freaking out. Nate gave me a worried look and turned to grab my shoulders, but I move out of reach.
  "What about my parents, my little brother... everyone? What are we supposed to do now?" I said, holding myself  while trying to breath.
     "Y/N, it's ok, we have each other and can't be the only survivors, we can't be. I'm here for you, we both are." Nate said. We pull each other in for a hug until I can calm myself down.
    "We should search the neighborhood, maybe little Shawn will turn up yet!"Codsworth said suddenly, before wandering off into a nearby house. We both let go and follow, knowing we wouldn't find him, but we played along.

          -30 minutes later-
    " I don't see little Shawn anywhere. He.. he really is gone.. isn't he?" Codsworth said sadly, turning to us. "It's alright buddy, we'll find him. Do you know where we could find help?" I asked. " Well if I may suggest looking to Concord for help?"
  "Ok Codsworth, I'll head there first, thank you. Y/N stay here with him and I'll be back, make sure she doesn't follow me."
      "Wait.. what! You don't need help? I can't let you go by yourself." I said.
      "I don't want to lose anyone else I care about! Please stay here, for me?" He asked, bending down slightly in front of me with that look he always does.
     "I don't want you to die too, you're all I have left." I said
We look at each other, not knowing what to do.
   "What if I take Codsworth with me? I mean only if he's up for it? Nate asked, looking at Codsworth for approval.
  "I live to serve you and your family sir, just say the word" He said
Nate looks back at me
"I guess it's settled then, I will be as fast as I can, I promise." He said, hugging me and then standing up.

  As they walked away I yelled "YOU BETTER HURRY AND GET BACK!" And after that I went inside his house and sat on the dust filled couch, waiting for them to come back.

A/N: Hey my loves! Sorry I haven't been updating I just kinda got caught up in teenage drama ugh! Lol anyway thanks for all the support and I will give you cookies to show my love for you guys! (::) (::) (::) THANK YOU SOO MUCH, LOVE YOU GUYS AND HAPPY EARLY VALENTINES DAY!!💝 (ha Valentine, Nick Valentine,)
Until next time, which I hope is soon! Byeee!!

A/N: Hey my loves! Sorry I haven't been updating I just kinda got caught up in teenage drama ugh! Lol anyway thanks for all the support and I will give you cookies to show my love for you guys! (::) (::) (::) THANK YOU SOO MUCH, LOVE YOU GUYS AND ...