Good Day Sunshine

The sun woke AJ up the next day. She blinked a few times before talking in her surroundings. She wasn't in the guest bedroom, but instead upstairs, in John's room. She had remembered last night, she immediately took a shower, to rid the stench of alcohol off her body. After she was dressed, in socks, sweatpants and a long sleeved tee shirt, John pulled her back to him. They ended up falling asleep in John's bed upstairs, and by the looks of it, John hadn't woken yet.

AJ was trapped under John's arms but didn't feel like getting up anyway. Instead, she stayed quiet, her back pressed against his chest. She could feel his steady breathing until he finally woke up.

"Are you awake?" He whispered.

"Yeah."

John kissed the top of her head. AJ stayed quiet. A few minutes later she stood up, getting out of John's warm arms.

"I should go get dressed and pick up Lily." AJ said, running a hand through her hair and heading toward the door. John rolled over and grabbed her hand before she could leave though.

"Wait," AJ turned around. "We should do something today, before you pick her up. To make up for last night." John looked up at her hopefully.

"What, like a date?" AJ asked.

"No it's not a date." John rolled his eyes. "You only just slept in my bed."

AJ rolled her eyes and put his hand back on the bed. "Sure, we can go somewhere." Then she left the room, going back downstairs.

AJ fell back down on the cool bed sheets in the guest bedroom and sighed. She finally got up changed after a moment of silence was wasted staring at the ceiling. She wore a pair of dark jeans and a long sleeved red and blue flannel, along with her high tops. AJ still hadn't taken her necklace off from the night before and decided to keep it on for a while. It was nice having something that reminded her of her mum.

AJ brushed her teeth and hair before going out to the kitchen. She was alone, but she could hear the shower running upstairs so she made toast for the two of them. When the toast popped, AJ proceeded to put jam on it, and by then she could hear John was out of the shower. It only took a few minutes after that for John to come downstairs, fully dressed.

"Here," AJ slid him a plate with toast.

"Thanks." John replied.

They munched on toast and washed it down with orange juice before AJ put the plates in the sink and finally spoke again.

"So, where are we going?" AJ wondered, leaning against the counter.

"It's a surprise." John smirked.

"I hate surprises."

"You'll like this one." John told her. "Now come on."

AJ followed John out into the surprisingly sunny day outside. Liverpool was usually rainy, but it was the first day of March today, and the sun was out. The sun always seemed to give off a happy feeling.

They went to their mystery location, John driving, and AJ sitting shotgun. It was a while till they got there but eventually they pulled up to a house.

"Where are we?" AJ asked after John parked the car. John turned to look at AJ.

"It's not really a date, but it seemed like you'd like to meet him." John told her.

"Who?" She asked.

"Julian." John said.

AJ was quiet for a moment before she gave him a small smile. "I would like to meet him."