Every Little Thing

People crowded waiting in lines, children were eating sweets and cotton candy, and a group of five walked into the park.

It was a cloudy day, but just like everyone else at the park, these five decided to risk coming, even if it did start to rain. Liverpool was always that way, always a chance of rain, and never was there not a cloud in the sky.

The youngest girl of the five skipped and the older girl had to keep up with her so she didn't wander away. The young boy pointed to a ride and they all headed there next. It was a roller coaster, but it was small, with not many heights. The youngest, the small girl, held the older girl's hand in line, and got on the ride with her. There were three carts on the ride, one of the men sat in the front, alone, and The young boy and the other man, with some of the same features; presumably his father, sat in the middle. The girls were in the back.

They did this for multiple rides, before switching it up. The man who sat alone the first time went with the little girl. The father sat with his son again, and the girl sat by herself.

After a few rides of having to split into twos, they all went on the Ferris Wheel. The young ones pointed to the other rides while at the top and the adults smiled, watching them.

Once off, the next ride was split between the father an his son, and the man, girl, and the young child. The ride spun and played music. It was an enjoyment for them all, especially for the children. They got off, laughing at their dizziness and continuing on to the next ride. It was a roller coaster, very high with multiple drops. Of course, the young boy got excited and wanted someone to take him on. His father backed out immediately. The little girl wasn't tall enough and it was only two per car. The older girl was the one to take the boy on the ride. When they came back, the boy was grinning and telling his dad all about it.

They got lunch after the roller coaster. The five crowded over to a small table and shared some fries and soda. Each of them also got a slice of pizza.

The father looked more relaxed after lunch, almost relieved. When they had first arrived he seemed worried but now, seeing his young boy smiling and having fun, a weight seemed to be lifted from his shoulders.

After another ride, the older girl and the father of the young boy left and went on the Ferris Wheel together. The man stood on her left, and took her hand, like they were together. Perhaps the girl was the young boys mother, but it was uncertain. The girl still looked young, in her twenties. They went around and around at an even pace on the Ferris Wheel, until the stopped at the bottom and stepped out of the cart. They were replaced by a young couple and a small child, who rode next.

The two left the exit and he turned around and grabbed her right hand and pulled it, so she would catch up to him about to run. Instead, the girl winced in pain and pulled her hand back. She had gauze around her hand, but it was hidden by her sleeve all day. The man had not noticed, and now was confused by the sudden withdraw.

He took her wrapped hand carefully and looked over it before looking back up.

"What did you do?" He had asked her.

"It's nothing," The girl pulled her hand away and used her left hand to pull the sleeve back down.

"You pulled your hand away like it was on fire! That isn't nothing!" The man argued. Hesitantly, the girl explained why her hand was wrapped.

She told him it was a cut, the knife slipped. He didn't know wether or not that was true or not, but he took her busted hand carefully anyway, brought it up to his lips, and kissed it. And then, he smiled.

Some people might think he was mad, and maybe he was, but he kept a stupid grin on his face until the girl caught it also, and smiled. Thunder struck and they could feel small raindrops. They stayed where they were though, looking back at each other. Then, just like in a movie, the boy pulled her forward and he kissed the girl in the rain. When they pulled away the girl laughed at his hair, in a wet mop on top of his head. He brushed it out of his face, so it didn't drip in his face, but she still smiled at how he looked.

The others, the man, young boy, and little girl, caught up with them after that, running in the rain. The young girl didn't seem to mind as much, as she splashed through every puddle on the way to the others. They all left the park soaked, and called two cabs. The two girls went into one, and all the boys went into another. The cabs both drove away, and then the street filled with more people, calling cabs and trying to stay dry.