Cheer and Present Danger

(Skipped The Blue Detective because it seemed more like a family thing and Lindsey wouldn't fit in it. Sorry)

Lindsey's POV

I was on my way to Wong's Pizza Place with Max to have lunch. I found it quite odd that he wanted to buy me lunch but I wasn't complaining. If it means I get food, then I don't care who I go with.

Max and I have a complicated relationship. We are friends but he flirts with me often. Then sometimes he doesn't flirt at all; it's weird.

We walked inside Wong's Pizza Place and there was a huge group of people here crowding Ms. Wong. Max and I pushed our way through and found Lionel.

"Hey, Lionel! What's going on here?" I asked Lionel.

"Guess how many pepperoni slices in the jar and win free pizza for a month! This is the day my life changes." He informed us and I saw a jar of pepperoni slices on a table with a sign next to it saying 'Win a month of free pizza!"

Max grabbed a piece of paper and I looked at him. "Do you know the answer?"

"Come on! Any other suckeronis!" Ms. Wong called out with a bunch of money in her hands.

"Right here!" Max announced and everyone looked at him. Ms. Wong glared.

"Oh, hello, Max." Ms. Wong greeted with a disgusted look on her face as we walked up. I stayed behind Max. "I guess security at juvie is pretty loose these days."

Max ignored her comment. "Here's my dollar and my guess." He handed her his dollar and guess.

"Thanks, dummy." Ms. Wong said and Max winked at me which usually means he's confident in whatever he's doing. "Okay! It's twelve'o'clock! Time to reveal the number!"

A drum roll began and Ms. Wong turned to the guy who was doing the drum roll on his snare drum.

"Shut it band geek!" Ms. Wong snarled and he quit drumming. "Okay, the actual number of pepperonis in the jar is..." She revealed the number. "3,167!"

The crowd groaned in response and I turned to Max with a shocked expression. He guessed 3,167 pepperonis and got it exactly correct.

Ms. Wong laughed. "Thanks for playing losers!"

Max stopped Ms. Wong. "Woah, wait. I think I won."

"What!" She exclaimed and checked Max's guess. "There's no way you could've guessed-- 3,167!"

"Yess!" Max cheered and we all congratulated him on his win. "Thanks, guys! But please chant with your words and not your hands."

The crowd decreased and Ms. Wong grabbed his shirt. "You cheated!"

"Hey, I didn't cheat. I'm just a really good guesser." Max reasoned. "You owe me a month of free za!"

Ms. Wong gapped in disbelief.

"Play us out, band geek!" Max told the band geek and he began to play his snare drum. Max put his arms in the air and the entire pizza place cheered as we left.

Max sighed happily and put his arm around my shoulders. I pushed it off.

"Just because you won doesn't mean you can do that," I told him and Max smirked.

"I'll share the pizza with you." He offered and I thought for a moment.

"Fine." I agreed and Max wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

----

Max and I walked into his house about ten minutes later. His parents were on the couch.

"You're welcome." Max smiled.