One Hit Thunder

(I forgot to say this. Lindsey has her superhero cape and her superhero name will be announced soon. This chapter is different from the episode. Max steals Lindsey's song and upsets her and you can guess what happens next if you saw the episode, but I added a few surprises. Link and Phoebe don't fight in this chapter)

Lindsey's POV

I was walking around the mall searching for a gift from my father. His birthday was coming up soon and I wanted to give him something special. I won't be able to give it to him in person because he can't visit and we do not have the time fly out to see him.

A song came on and I was mumbling the words to it. It was 'Because of You' by Kelly Clarkson.

(This song came on the radio when I was writing this and I just wrote it down)

I was minding my own business when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a girl with dark brown hair with the tips dyed blue with bangs and brown eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"You have an amazing singing voice." She told me and I scratched my neck.

"Thank you." I grinned, feeling flattered.

"I know this is straightforward but how would you like to be in a band with me and my friends?" She asked and I could sense the hope and desire in her.

"Woah, hold up. I mean, you don't know me and I don't know you." I told her and she shrugged.

"You're right but you can get to know us." She informed me. "We're a new band and Splatburger is looking for a band to play there every week and we want to be that band."

"Oh, I heard about that. My boyfriend was going to audition with his band." I told her and her eyes narrowed.

"Are you talking about Max and his band?" She asked and I nodded unsurely.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're so lucky to be dating Max." She sighed and I chuckled.

"He's a handful but what boy isn't?"

We both laughed with her nodding.

"True." She smiled and our laughter died down. "So, anyway, my band is meeting at 3:00 today at my friends' house and it would be great to have you come. We need a lead guitarist."

I thought for a moment and let a faint smile form.

"Fine, I'll give it a shot."

She smiled happily. "Great! Here let me put my number in your phone." I gave her my phone and she typed her number in. "I'll text you and come pick up when rehearsal starts."

"Perfect, can't wait," I told her as she handed me my phone back.

"Me too." She told. "I'll see you later."

"See ya." I smiled and we walked away from one another.

"Wait," I said and turned around. She stopped and faced me. "What's your name?"

"Oh! How rude of me. It's Zaria and yours?"

"Lindsey."

----

3:00 rolled around quickly and it was only fifteen minutes before I meet this band. I was nervous but excited at the same time. It was a blunt offer and it was a risky move but I have hope this will work out.

Zaria texted me and said she will come pick me up. I told her my address and she was on her way.

I told my brother goodbye and waited outside for her to show up. She told me she has her permit which made me feel jealous because I want to get mine.