Change of Art

Lindsey's POV

I was in art class with Phoebe. She was sculpting something while I was drawing some beautiful roses. I love Art, it's something I'm extremely passionate about and I'm really good at it.

The roses I were drawing were turning out to be amazing.

Phoebe's sculpture, on the other hand, looked like it was made by a five-year-old

Phoebe's sculpture, on the other hand, looked like it was made by a five-year-old. I have no idea what she was making.

Sarah suddenly ran over to us with a painting in her hands.

"Phoebe! What do you think of my painting of, Max?" Sarah asked us and she showed us her painting. It was Max in a Toga.

"Clearly, you've never seen Max in a Toga," Phoebe told Sarah, making me chuckle.

"I have up here," Sarah mentioned, tapping her head.

"Looks good, Sarah." I complimented Sarah and she sent me a glare.

"Nobody asked you." She snapped and walked away.

I was taken back by her sudden attitude change and looked at Phoebe who was confused by Sarah's painting still.

"Why did she snap at me like that?" I asked Phoebe with amusement.

"She thinks you have a crush on Max," Phoebe informed me and I scoffed.

"Ha, no." My cheeks felt warm for a few moments but it faded quickly. "I don't like your brother."

"Good, I don't want one of my best friends dating my brother," Phoebe said with relief.

"Don't worry about a thing," I assured her and focused on my drawing.

I saw Max walk in without our teacher noticing and sat down beside Phoebe and in front of me.

I rolled my eyes. "Late again?"

Phoebe noticed her brother and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I have this thing where-- I don't care," Max told me and I couldn't argue with that. That's Max for ya.

"Ahh, Max! I meant to ask you which one of your masterpieces would you like to donate to tomorrow's school art auction?" Ms. Madsen asked Max and he went up to her. I turned to the wall of Max's Masterpieces and was amazed by his talent.

How come Max can paint and Phoebe can't?

"Gosh, I don't know Ms. Madsen. There's just so many to choose from." Max sighed, thinking.

"So many to choose from." Phoebe mocked her brother, making me snicker.

"Maybe, I'll make a new one," Max suggested.

"Well, whatever it is Max I'm sure it will bring in a lot of money for the school." Ms. Madsen told Max. "Phoebe! When are you gonna start your project?"