Chapter 11

But in the end, they all drift away

But in the end, they all drift away. // Even the ones who promised to stay.

The realization of your own feelings hit you like a truck. Did you really still have feelings for Tom? Your mind was going blank, making you lose focus on the conversation that was going on between Harrison and Tom. What did that mean for you? You couldn't just catch feelings for Tom again after talking to him for what felt like two minutes, could you? You hated your heart for going crazy everytime Tom's face appeared in your head, after all he'd done to you, you were still feeling something for this guy.

As the conversation between the two boys went on, you couldn't really pay attention to what they were saying, you were still leaned onto Harrison and occasionally sipped on the punch you held in your hand, but your thought revolved around the boy standing in front of you. You caught yourself observing his features, the way his soft, brown curls fell onto his forehead made your heart flutter, but the way his eyes lit up everytime he laughed made your heart ache. He was happy, of course he was, he wasn't the one who got his heart broken.

You felt stupid for thinking about throwing your relationship with Jack away just so Tom could break you again and again. Your relationship was okay, right? Jack treated you right most of the times, right? He was good for you and he tried his best to fix you, right? Right?

But was Jack trying his best really enough for you? Your eyes wandered over to where Jack was talking to Harry or more like where both of them were downing their beer, not really talking much.

Tom noticed you being somewhere else after a few minutes of talking to Harrison, he could still see when you were distracted by something, the little wrinkles on your forehead gave it away. He wished he could've just asked you what you were thinking about, what was on your mind that made you completely lose focus of the conversation, but he also knew that it was too early for you to talk to him about your problems, so he let you keep your thoughts to yourself.

Seeing Jack down beer after beer and shot after shot with Harry, you realized that it would only take a few minutes for him to be drunk off his ass, if he wasn't already - and you were honestly scared about what was going to happen next. You saw him look over to where the three of you stood before he excused himself from Harry, making his way over.

"Shit." You mumbled, immediately catching Tom's attention.

"Are you alright?" He asked, concern showing on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, all great. Uh, I should - I should probably go and-" You wanted to get away from the two boys, especially Tom, you didn't want Jack to talk to Tom when he had consumed alcohol and you honestly didn't want Tom to see Jack that drunk. To be fair, you also didn't want your parents to see Jack when he was drunk, but that wasn't your biggest concern at the moment.

"Babyy." Jack smiled as he joined the three of you, pulling you away from Harrison and wrapping his arms around you from behind, so you were still facing Tom and Harrison. "Why are you only talking to these two losers and not me?" He chuckled as he placed a kiss on the top of your head, making goosebumps appear on your skin.