Chapter 13

But in the end, they all drift away

But in the end, they all drift away. // Even the ones who promised to stay.

It was 7:33am when you were woken up by the soft sunlight that was shining through your windows. As you tried to change your sleeping position, you realized you never made it home last night and that you were still with Tom, which also meant that everything that had happened seemed to be real and wasn't just a dream you had.

Tom's arm was still around you and the two of you somehow had intertwined hands while you were sleeping. Carefully pulling out your hand from underneath his, you moved so you were now lying on your back. You turned your head to look at the boy's sleeping form next to you. Taking in his features in the soft morning light, you felt your heart ache again.

He may have been there for you the past night, but alarm clocks were still ringing in your head every time he told you he was there, because was he really? And how long would it take until he decided you weren't worth his time anymore?

Tom was slowly waking up from his slumber, ripping you out of your thoughts. His grip around you tightened as he pulled you closer and nestled his face in the crook of your neck. Your hand went up to his hair and started playing with his soft curls.

"I missed this." He mumbled as he placed a soft kiss on the soft skin on your neck.

"Tom! (Y/N)! Breakfast!" You were woken up by Nikki shouting both of your names. Of course you had fallen asleep as the two of you were watching a movie last night. It wasn't unusual for the two of you to wake up in each other's arms, because either of you slept so much better when you were next to each other.

"Tommy, get up." You nudged to boy next to you who was still fast asleep, his face buried in your neck, making you wonder how he was even able to breathe.

"Let me sleep. I need more sleep and more cuddles. And so do you." He mumbled before falling asleep again almost immediately.

"Your mother is going to come in here and wake you up anyway if you don't get up now." You laughed as you poked his cheek, making him lift up his head with a groan.

"You're mean."

"And you're lazy. Now get up." You laughed as you removed his arm from around your waist and hopped out of bed.

Walking over to Tom you pulled him out of his bed before shoving him into the bathroom so he could shower and stop being the grumpy morning person who was just annoying. After putting on a pair of Tom's sweatpants and one of his hoodies you made your way downstairs. On the way down, you ran into a half naked Tom who was running back to his room to get dressed. Pulling you into his arms, he managed to press his wet hair onto your face, making you push him away from you.

"Fuck off, you know I hate that." You laughed as you gave him another push towards his room.

"I know." Giggling, he closed the door to his room, leaving you still a bit flustered from the close contact that had just happened.