Epilogue

Sometimes all you need is a second chance // Because time wasn't ready for the first one

"So, I'm pretty sure most of the people gathered around here know me already, but for those who don't: I'm Harrison, Tom's best man, best friend and pretty sure the reason the two of them have gotten this far. So, you can thank me later for the free food and drinks you're getting today." Harrison earned a few laughs from the guests as he raised his Champagne glass at the two of you.

"Anyway, being the best man, Tom and (Y/N) have asked me to give a little speech and that's what I am going to do, but instead of telling you guys about how amazing they are and how much I appreciate them, I'm going to tell you their story - from my point of view." Harrison grinned at you as you saw Tom groan and throw his head back, already knowing he was about to get the roast of his lifetime on his own wedding day.

"I feel like we're not ready for this." Your husband laughed as he intertwined his hand with yours.

"Obviously, I haven't been here from the start, but both of their parents were nice enough to tell me a few things about the two of them until their life was being blessed with my existence."

"Such a fucking idiot." You laughed as you shook your head at the blonde boy next to Tom.

"I don't know if you guys know the story about how they met, but from what their parents told me, they pretty much hit it off from the start. Tom was already building little sandcastles for his future princess when they were first introduced to each other. Our precious prince over there was playing in his little sandbox when (Y/N) walked into his life for the first time. What their mums told me, was that they had already planned their wedding before they even introduced them - and what can I say, here they are. We've come a loooong way since that day - and I'm going to tell you all about it." Harrison laughed.

"The two of them pretty much spent every minute together for the next like what? Ten years? Their parents usually weren't able to separate them, because little Tommy was so whipped already. Sleepovers, going on holidays together and sneaking out at night to go watch the stars, it was always (Y/N) and Tom. The iconic duo. Oh - and yeah, your parents knew you were sneaking out by the way." Harrison grinned as your eyes wandered over to yours and Tom's parents who we're nodding and laughing along to what Harrison said.

"Awww, we thought we were Ninjas. No one ever told us off." Tom pouted.

"I know you, Bro. You're not subtle at all." Harrison rolled his eyes, "I knew you were whipped when you first walked into the room after I already introduced myself to (Y/N). For those of you, who were not there - so everyone except for us three - Tom and I met in school on my first day after I transferred schools. (Y/N) was sick that day and Tom decided that he needed a back up plan, so I became the rebound for that day. He asked me to come over after school to play on his playstation which I did because I had already decided that this little idiot was going to be my new best friend and that I was going to keep him. So, yeah I went up to his bedroom while he grabbed some drinks and there she was, spread out on Tom's bed, messy hair, snoring like crazy."

"Hey!" You laughed as you reached over Tom to punch the blonde boy who easily moved out of the way to dodge the punch.

"Shut up, it's my time to talk. So, she woke up because I was poking her over and over again and she was super confused to why this weird kid was suddenly in Tom's room. But the second thing she told me was that once you keep Tom, it's hard to get rid of him - and what can I say, ten years later and sadly enough I really wasn't able to get rid of him." Harrison grinned at his best friend next to him who rolled his eyes.

"Oh, please Harrison, I'm the best thing to ever happen to you." Tom laughed.

"Uh, sure, keep telling yourself that, mate." Harrison laughed, "Moving on their story pretty much is what you could call the reason I end up bald five years early. You're all friends with either one or both of them, so it's probably nothing new if I tell you how dense both of them can be. The reason we're here this late isn't because the two of them didn't know they wanted this or because they weren't ready, it is because they're both stupid."

"I hate him. Why is he here?" You groaned as you threw your head back in your seat.

"From what I can tell you, they wasted like four years being "best friends" and three years being total strangers. I promised to not talk much about those years, but as most of you know, I'm not a big fan of following rules, so I'm going to do it anyway. Fight me, Thomas." Harrison smirked as he started telling the guests about how annoyed he was about Tom stopping to talk to you and how frustrated he was when you were always missing each other and the perfect timing to finally admit your feelings to each other. Going on to talking about how he managed to finally get the two of you to start talking again and admitting your feelings for each other, he also told everyone about the misunderstanding that made Tom stop talking to you, sending a wave of groans and facepalms through the tables.

"I'm not saying, I am the reason they're together. But, I a hundred percent are the reason they are together." Harrison raised his glass, looking at the both of you, "As much as I love trash talking you and as much I love annoying you, the two of you are perfect for each other and I love both of you very much. This is to (Y/N) and Tom - and hopefully I'm going to be Uncle Harrison soon. No pressure, but pleaaaase I want a little Tom or a little (Y/N) running around town."

After Tom raised his own champagne glass, and you raised your glass of water, Tom stood up to hug his best friend before you followed his steps. Your husband had already settled down when you were still standing, debating on whether or not to it was a good time to drop the news.

"So, I guess it's my time to say a few more words. I feel like Harrison pretty much nailed our story and I know that, as much as I hate to admit it, he's definitely the reason we're all here." You smiled as you patted Harrison's shoulder.

"First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for coming and celebrating this day with us. We seriously love all of you. Second of all this goes out to our parents. Thank you for making us spend time together. And last but definitely not least," You smiled, turning to Tom, "Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for being you. You once told me you didn't believe in destiny and that you're a believer of working for something if you really want it and I first thought this was something we had to work hard for after we found our ways back to each other, but it was always so easy with you. We just fit and I don't think there's another person in this planet I could love more than I love you, Tommy. Thank you for being an amazing husband." You smiled as Tom stood up to pull you into his arms and place a soft kiss on your lips that had the guests aww'ing.

"There's one more thing though," You smiled as you traced the outlines of Tom's jawline, "Thank you for being the best father already." A gasp went through the audience as Tom's eyes widened and your hands found their way to your stomach.

"W-What?" Tom said, shock written all over his face, "Y-You're pregnant?"

"Yes."

"Holy shit! I'm going to be a dad!" Tom shouted as he picked you up in his arms, placing kisses all over your face, "I'm going to be a dad!"

"You're all very welcome for making (Y/N) tell all of you about her pregnancy." Harrison chimed in from beside you, happiness written all over his face although he still wasn't able to hide his grin. The boy was giving himself so much credit for pretty much half of your story.

"Oh shut up - Uncle Harrison." You grinned before you were pulled into a tight hug by the future-godfather of your child.

"You know, it will be us against the world - forever."
"I'll always protect you - you'll never be alone."
"I'm always going to be the one to wipe away your tears."
"You're all I need in my life."
"I'll always be the one to lighten up your mood."
"You and me - I feel like this is how it is supposed to be."
"I love you, Sunshine."
"I love you, Tommy."

Nothing, but the truth.