11- Conflict and Interrogation

Bendy took a gulp, that seemed to swallow the golf ball lodged in his throat. He knew he was going to regret the decision he was about to make. No more running.

"Oswald, i'm sorry, I haven't been very truthful to you."

Oswald wanted to reply with, 'Damn right you haven't,' but chose to remain silent, only casting Bendy an eager look.

"I haven't been honest with any of you, not that i've gotten the chance to with most of you."

Bendy looked around at the room, procrastinating with his little speech.

"I, I haven't been honest with myself, either..."

Gus nodded from that dark corner of the room he was standing in,  and Bendy knew there was no going back.

"At least, 30 years ago, though I recently found out it might be more than that... I was a toon, well I guess I still am, umm."

Bendy looked at Oswald for help, but he didn't seem to get the memo. He had to think fast, before Dale began to make accusations. His eyes in a panic, searched the room, until his gaze settled on the dirty Manila folder on the table.

"Have any of you guys heard of Sillyvison?"

There were many shaking heads and confused looks.

"Wha-Oswald, sir, what is he talking about! He's talking nonsense, why didn't you turn him in?" Dale broke the silence, adding more tension in the air.

"No, no, no, Bendy, I think you're onto something..." Oswald got up from his chair as he spoke.

"Since I got back from Universal, no one remembered Sillyvison."

"Oswald, that has nothing to do with th-" Dale tried to argue, but was interrupted by Mickey.

"It has everything to do with it. Why is it that only Oswald and Bendy can remember this place. I can't even remember this place!"

"Mickey no-argh!!" Dale was nearly pulling his hair out.

"THAT-"The detective had an outburst, before collecting himself, and growling through clenched teeth, "That. Is not. Possible."

"Detective, I don't appreciate your tone. None of us here may remember this place, but my brother does, and I trust his word. Can you respect that? Or will I have to take this case to Head Managment?" Mickeys tone was something he never thought he'd hear from the squeaky mouse, but it seemed to be normal here, judging from everyone's unphased expressions.

"I-I, yes Mr. Mouse, my apologies." Dale slunk back into a corner, sulking, and let Oswald take his place up front.

"Why doesn't anyone remember? Mickey, what happened? Something had to have happened when I left." Oswald was exasperated, the questions were finally falling in place. Now all they needed were the answers.

"Do you really think something happened when you left? And that's why none of us remember Sillyvison?" A soft spoken voice came from a toon at the front of the table.

Oswald snapped his fingers, as if remembering something.

"AHA! Gus, check our history records, we record everything that happens here in there." Oswald chimed, and explained to Bendy how the H.S.D.W. records were not the Archives.

Everyone immediately went to a routine work, searching through files, and discussing their findings with the Disney brothers and their coworkers.

They eventually found a link between Walt Disney's death.

Why that was linked, Bendy didn't know, but the detectives in the room definitely noticed something Bendy didn't. The Dancing Demon stood respectfully out of their way, observing. There wasn't much he could do anyway.

Bendy began to space out. He really dodged a bullet earlier, and everyone got distracted from Dale's initial question. He was thankful for that, of course, but it wouldn't be long until the question resurfaced again.

"Mr. Bendy? Sir, can we pull you aside for a second?" A toon, with a gruff voice pulled Bendy out of the room. 

"I was instructed by the Head Detective to have you wait out here while we discuss our next course of action."

"Head Detective?"

"Dale."

That explains why Dale was the one leading the investigation before Oswald took over.

Bendy waited, in one of the bland chairs, accompanied by a plastic plant that smelled like sickeningly sweet fabric softener.

A minute, two minutes, ten minutes went by, and Bendy got impatient.

He got up and pressed the side of his head against the cold door. Unfortunately, the door blocked out most of the sound coming from the inside, but he held his breath, and silenced his thoughts, hoping to catch the wave of the incomprehensible conversation.

There was muffled yelling coming form the inside, going on for a short while, until silence. The door knob jerked down, sending shock waves down Bendy's spine. He jumped back, and scurried torwards the chair, trying to postition himself in the most natural postition he could in a panic.

Gus, followed by Oswald, Mickey, and some other toons, exited the room, and made a beeline for Bendy. Bendy leaned forward in his chair, intertwining his fingers, ready to listen to what they had to say.

"So, what's the plan?

"We're gonna go to Disney's office, we, erm, might've found something. Important." Oswald answered Bendy's question, and all the toons exchanged uncomfortable glances.

"Disney, as in, Walt Disney? Like, we're going the Walt Disney's office?"

"Well, after he, passed, nobody's bothered to go in there and go through some stuff and, well we just found... We just have to look for something. Proof of an event, if you will." It was evident that talking about the subject made everyone uncomfortable, especially the Disney brothers.

"Proof of what?" Bendy tilted his head in curiosity.

"I'll explain later." Oswald diverted away from the question, and motioned for Bendy and the other toons to folllow him, completely ignoring Bendy's question.

Bendy, asked his question with more force this time.

"Proof of what?!"

||Authors note: As always, apologies for the delay. I know this chapter my lack some action, but it's important for the story's progression, and for the readers to be able to follow along. Expect some more revelations information in the next chapter, and maybe some action. Thank you||