36- The Admin Ward

Bang..!

Bang..!

Bang..!

Three loud sounds echoed softly though the hall. Everyone stopped in their tracks.

"Did you guys hear that?" Jiminy asked softly, in case they'd hear it again.

"Oh no..." Allison started to run down the hallway, in the direction to the loud sounds.

"Aw jeez, c'mon!" Bendy began to follow, along with the others.

Allison, Tom, Bendy, Gus, and Jiminy all found themselves in a big room, staring at broken pipes.

Except these specific broken pipes caused a certain door to be jammed shut. A certain door that they needed to go through.

"Oh, dammit! We need to fix this!" Allison groaned.

"How are we going to fix this? All the pipes we need to repair it are in a mangled mess on the floor..." Jiminy said as he buzzed down to look at the remains of a pipe.

"Well, luckily for us, we only need around 6 pipes, so we only have to make 6."

"Make 6? How can you make pipes around here?"

"The machine. We just need to find a certain kind of thick ink, and voila, we'll have a pipe. I'm sure we'll find the ink well in there." Alice pointed at the doorway labeled 'Administrators'.

"Well, let's go!" Gus matched up front, ready to take the lead when Tom stopped him.

"We can't just waltz in blind. There's Butcher Gang members all over that place. We'll need weapons." Allison explained.

"We have these!" Mickey picked up the bent pipes.

"Some of these are sharp enough to be weapons. Let's use them!"

"That's a good idea..!" Allison mused.

One by one each toon grabbed a pipe, and soon they were set for battle.

"Remember, we've got each other's backs. If you need help, just yell, and one of us will come running." Allison said, before shushing everybody. They all split into 3 separate groups—Allison and Tom, Henry and Mickey, Gus and Jiminy—And they creeped into Admin Ward.

Each group separated from there. Gus and Jiminy went left. Mickey and Henry went straight, and Allison and Tom went right.

Gus and Jiminy ran into their problems first. That problem's name was Striker.

The spider crawled up to them, making unintelligible gurgling noises. Gus took a swing as it, and Jiminy followed from behind. They continued this pattern with more Strikers, Fishers, and the occasional Pipers, until they grew tired.

"How—" Gus huffed, "—How many more of them are there? Have you seen anything that remotely looks like an inkwell?!"

Jiminy shook his head, and flew foreword as lookout.

"Wait, Wait, Gus! Look at this!" The cricket chirped as he peered around the corner.

"Well, would you look at that..."

They found the well, and wasted no time collecting the thick ink it spouted out.

"Gee, I hope the others aren't struggling as much as us..." Jiminy laughed, as the two made their trek back.

• • •

"We shouldn't be down here." Alice said, trying to hide the shakiness in her voice.

"Why do you say that?" Oswald asked, staring in awe at the ginormous machine.

Just a mere few moments ago, Oswald and Boris had followed the Angel through many dilapidated hallways, until they came across a cavern-like space, inhabited by what Oswald assumes to be the actual Ink Machine, guarded by a moat of ink, unsurprisingly.

"How do we get across?" Oswald asked, his eyes on the large entrance at the mouth of the machine.

"We have to use the ink."

"But...I thought you didn't—"

"I hate using it, but it's the only perk of being the way we are...Here," Alice stepped to the edge of the lake, looking out to the non-existent horizon.

"Losing yourself to the ink is easy. You have to learn to master all the souls that inhabit it. Make them submit to you." Alice said, before taking one big graceful step, and sliding perfectly into the black, thick lake with no trace.

Oswald gaped at the sight—or lack there of--of Alice. Could he really do that? Could he make the souls submit to him so he could pass?

Boris followed suit, and Oswald was left alone.

"Here goes nothin'..." Oswald mumbled, as he took a step of faith into the ink.

It was dark and cold. The rabbit couldn't help but shiver as the ink slid around his body in thick currents. And it is noisy.

Very noisy. It was a buzzing, screaming well of muffled voices, that swarmed around him like wasps.

After some adjustment, Oswald was able to see more clearly the environment around him. The blueprints of the studio, outlined in a glowing gold. He could see everything. Looking above him in awe, he could see the outlines of every floor, wall, and doorway,

He could even see the small golden silhouettes of Mickey, Bendy, and the others,

They were sprinting down a hallway, led by Bendy and two other unknown figures. Guilt filled his stomach, rising to the brim. The uncomfortable buzzing inside of him spoke louder than the buzzing around him.

What am I—What am I doing here? Oswald asked himself. The voices in his head screamed at him, causing the rabbit to instinctively cover his ears.

"No! No! No!" The rabbit yelled over the voices, "Not this time!"

He had to get to his friends. Bendy may have betrayed him, but he wasn't going to betray them! He was above that!

How do I get to you..? Oswald thought, his inky eyes scanning the maze of hallways.

"Okay, okay...Take me to them..?" Oswald asked with uncertainty to the souls that had slowed to listen to him. Steadily, he felt his body eject forward, through walls. Skyrocketing right to the toons.

"WoaH—AAH—!" Oswald screamed at the sudden increase in speed. He continued screaming, trying to slow to a stop, but the ink wouldn't let him.

"AHHJK—OOF—!" Oswald slammed headfirst into the ground with a thud. Mickey, Bendy, and the others all instantaneously swung around.

"Oh my—OSWALD!"