14- We'd Like A Kid's Menu, Please

Warning: Brief mention of domestic verbal and emotional abuse. If you are sensitive to this kind of content, please proceed with caution.

• • •

The memory surprised Bendy. It wasn't an event he'd thought about in a long time, and frankly, he enjoyed the memory, even if it did feature the man Bendy had learned to despise.

He'd forgotten life before the Ink Machine. He'd forgotten life before the incident that tore Joey apart, and Bendy almost wanted that back.

It had been a long time since he'd really sat down, and thought.

Years of suppressing. It couldn't be healthy, and his meltdowns. Did he need help? Bendy never liked the idea of getting help, from escaping laboratories on the show, to something as simple as reaching the top shelf, Bendy always despised the idea. It made him feel weak, useless, stupid. Terms that Joey had used abuse him and his friends he loved so dearly.

Bendy's face was greeted with the cool night air, that smelled of sugar. The guards didn't spare the Wastelanders a second glance, only saluting at Mickey and Oswald.

Bendy even missed the attention. The attention he got from the crowds, he got from other toons, the attention he got from Joey...

Bendy knew as soon as he had thought fondly of the malicious man, that he was treading in dangerous waters.

He shouldn't be reminiscing, it only makes problems worse, but the lack of it was like trying to breath underwater. His subconscious was begging him to remember, and all those years of suppressing had only made the nagging feeling stronger.

"Bendy, which one?" A voice pulled him from the thoughts that were slowing consuming him.

"Huh-what?"

"Which restaurant?" Gus pointed down a street, that was lit not only by street lamps, but by fairy lights, and what seemed to be sparkles.

It took Bendy a moment to realize that they weren't in Wasteland anymore, and he was too busy spacing out to notice the topic of food being bounced around by the toons that had accompanied him.

"Uhh...I don't care?" Bendy, who was caught off guard, shrugged his shoulders, and tried to divert the conversation away from the question Gus had asked.

"Where, are we exactly?"

"We're in Disney Springs right now." Mickey answered without a thought, he naturally assumed Bendy knew what that was. Everyone did.

It was kind of like a shopping center, except much, much bigger. It was like a city, from as far as Bendy could see. To their left, was a row of tightly-packed buildings, including the restaurant Gus had pointed to.

On the right, was a river, that resembled ink, ironically, except the stars and lights reflecting in it gave it a whimsical feel. It was beautiful, especially since it was nearly empty, with the exception of the Wastelanders, and bystanders, carrying around bags, and wearing smiles on their faces.

Bendy felt a small tug on his arm, and broke his gaze from the still water. It was actually one of the detectives, who motioned for Bendy to follow the group into the restaurant.

It was warmer inside, and smelled of salt, and raw fish. A smell Bendy normally would've found not very pleasing, but the thought of sweet and savory flavors in his mouth pushed down the urge to wrinkle his nose, and turn his head away to the fresh air.

"Table for 9, if you can squeeze us in." Mickey flashed all eight of his fingers, and then one, to enunciate his request. "

"My Walt Disney-" The waitress held her chest for a moment, as if she was afraid the Disney brothers, and the other toons with them would noticed the thumping of her heart.

"O-Oh! Right away Mickey, sir." The waitress excitedly bounced forward, and motioned for the toons to follow her, carrying all nine menus with both her arms.

"What was that about?" Bendy leaned closer to Mickey as they walked, to avoid the peppy waitress from overhearing.

"Haha, happens all the time. People just get a little excited to see me. It's really, not a big deal." Mickey's face flushed and he turned his head in Bendy's direction, as if trying to hide from the awe-struck stares coming from the few costumers.

"H-Here you go!" The waitress quickly laid out the menus as straight as she could in her haste to impress the walking legend. The waitress awkwardly stood their as all the toons took their seats.

"So, do you guys need any kids menus?" The women asked, as she nervously looked around at the confused glances the Wastelanders and Mickey were giving her. She quickly realized why.

"Sorry! it's, It's mandatory for us to ask that, I know it' s an obvious no." She averted her eyes away in embarrassment.

"Actually, we do need one for short stack here," Oswald laughed and slapped his hand playfully on Bendy's back.

"Oh, Oswald you're so dead." Bendy clenched his teeth and fists as he whipped his head around to face the snickering rabbit.

"Of course! Thank you, er..." The waitress quickly departed, scolding herself with the words, "Why did I say thank you?"

The small chatter around the table began when she left, as if on cue. The waitress, came back, and set a paper in from of Bendy.

The Ink Demon imagined steam rolling out of the side of his head in puffs, and the table roared with laughter.

"Fine! Oswald Disney, I hereby, challenge yee to a fair game of the tic-tac-toe." Bendy slid the menu to his friend, as the snickering ensued.

"Wa-wait, did you guys, did..." The poor waitress stuttered out in a fluster.

"Did you not want the kids menu?" She looked around, eyes wide, as she focused her gaze on the white table cloth.

"No, no it's fine! We asked for it!" Mickey chimed in reassurance. The waitresses shoulders relaxed, and she awkwardly laughed along.

"Oh, alrighty. My name is Vivi, and I'll be your waitress for tonight. What can I get for you guys to drink." Vivi lifted up her notepad, and continued in routine, as she jotted down everyone's orders.

Dinner was very nice, and the toons all had fun. Their waitress even managed to get an autograph from Mickey, and even Oswald, who was less popular than his brother, and nearly refuse to sign the paper out of spite, but Vivi's pleas of admiration forced Oswald to give in.

Bendy suspected Ozzy was just having a grand time soaking in all the compliments he was receiving from the giddy fan.

Even if they had laughed off any previous tension, a cloud of dread hung over their heads. They all had decided that they'd deal with the situation tomorrow, but that didn't stop a few of the detectives from hovering over the computers, and discussing ideas in the lounge area of the hotel they were in.

Oh boy, tomorrow was going to be a day.

Hope you all enjoyed! This chapter may lack some action, but things pick up in the next chapter! Make sure to vote and leave a comment! I love your feedback!