A Glimpse

"You are here again?" Azlan said entering her cabin. It was a Saturday evening and the time was 5:25pm but here he found Dania, alone in his office premises staring outside at the city of Karachi.

She jerked and turned towards him with an embarrassed expression on her face. She didn't say anything because she didn't know what to say. He was looking at her with his eyes meeting hers, the stillness and the composed brown eyes were just set at her. That's how he always looked at her, without a miss since the day they met. He wouldn't look at women like this, that's not who Azlan was but Dania changed everything, she changed him. But only for her. He would still not look at women like this but her.

He was waiting for a response, but it became clear that Dania was lost in her thoughts and had nothing to say so he tried again.

"So how come you are spending your Saturday in my office?"

"I didn't know where else to go."

"Tell me something new, that's an answer you gave me in the past too". Azlan said not realising he pressed the wrong button by using that word. Past. That was the only word she didn't want to hear at that very moment.

"Past. Yes past. Ruins memories, makes today difficult and marks a question on the future". She said while looking out at the city again from the window.

That's when Azlan realised she meant what she said. She was emotionally struggling again, she didn't know what to do, so she came running away to a place that didn't remind her of her past until he did. He was regretting it now.

"Dania, look at me. What's the matter?"

She shifted her eyes towards him but didn't say anything. But her eyes did. He saw it. Her hazel eyes were sending out a signal of pain, disbelief, confusion and helplessness. His heart pierced seeing her. Despite knowing it all, he didn't want her to know that he knew a little too much about her, maybe more than what she would want him to know at that time.

-----

So, a small glimpse into the lives of Dania and Azlan. This is not how the story begins but will eventually fit in the plot as you will all read. I am really excited to bring this to you, since so many people liked the previous story, I wanted to do something better than that so this story is an attempt on that. The first proper chapter will be posted on the 1st December. Meanwhile, I hope you all enjoy the glimpse. Let me know how you guys find it, looking forward for feedback. :)

Love, Ayesha