Chapter 3

"Ali Sir wants to speak to you both, please visit him in his office".

Dania and Khizar excused from the meeting with their teams and left the conference room to meet Ali in his cabin.

They knocked on his door and entered.

"Baba you wanted to speak to us?" Khizar said with an enquiring look on his face.

"Yes, I have some good news to share with you all. So, Kunwar Naeem called me just a few minutes ago, he said that him and his business partner who is the owner of ABK films would like to meet us. His production is looking for a fashion house to design their next film's wardrobe for them. We might get their deal if all goes right".

"That's some brilliant news. So, when's the meeting?" Khizar enquired in excitement.

"Its next week on Thursday." Dania announced with a smile on her face because she could tell her father was so excited for the meeting that he already had a reminder post-it note on his desk to remind him.

"Well its Azlan Behraam Khan's company, he is very particular about his work and the people he works with, so I want us to give our best when we see him next week and you two have to help me out in all of it".

"Of course, Baba. But please don't overstress yourself over this, he may be a very popular and strict producer, but our fashion house isn't ordinary either. If we are lucky to work with him, he is equally as lucky to work with the Fashion House of Murad's". Dania said in a straightforward and composed tone.

"I love this confident of yours. Keep it up sister!" Khizar said while patting Dania's head in a playful manner alongside passing her a brotherly smile.

------

Azlan leaned on the sofa couch and rested his head with his eyes closed. He was with Behraam, looking after him in the hospital. Doctors had assured Azlan that his father's condition was stable and improved well considering the state he was admitted in. But nothing was giving Azlan rest until Behraam would get discharged so he didn't go to office and stayed with Behraam all day in hospital. Every few hours he would respond to calls from his team, Kunwar and respond to emails if he had to but nonetheless his entire focus was on Behraam and his health. Work didn't appear as a priority when the matter was concerning his father, especially his health.

Behraam woke up from his sleep and with him shifting on his bed, Azlan was quick to get up and check if he was okay.

"Baba, are you okay? Do you need-"

"I am fine. Just relax and sit here." Behraam immediately cut Azlan and gestured him to sit on the chair next to his bed.

"There's something I have to tell you". Behraam was struggling to speak but he was determined to talk to his son as it was the best time. Azlan wanted to stop him because he could see him losing his breath already, but he listened in silence.

"When Sara and I got married, it wasn't the best circumstances and neither did the both of us cope with them well. Azlan, your resentment against her is fair but that's because you only see things from one side. You have to admit that if there was one thing that came as a ray of hope to our relationship was your arrival. She is your mother at the end of the day. She gave birth to you and you are a part of her life even today simply because of the relationship you both have between you".