Chapter 19

Without thinking about anything or without discussing with anyone, Khizar went over to Azlan's house to confront him. He was angry, but he also had Dania in mind. He made his way to Azlan's main house door, forcing his own self to calm the fire brewing within him.

The door was opened by one of Azlan's helpers. Khizar was authoritative but composed in his tone and asked him to call Azlan as he waited in the living room.

Azlan took slow steps towards the sofa Khizar was sat on and to say he was worried was an understatement. As he stood facing him, Khizar glared at him.

"Why did you do this to her?"

Azlan had no answer. He was looking here and there but not once at Khizar.

"Answer me! Why did you do this to her? You loved her, didn't you? Then why?" 

"I still love her."

"Nonsense. Is this love? Abandoning her when she needs you the most. Right now, not just her but your own dignity is as much at stake. But for now, forget that too, she is going to be the mother of your child. Your child damn it! You still have no empathy?"

He was silent again. Because he had nothing to defend himself with. He knew he was wrong but for him at the moment, it wasn't the time to right the wrongs.

"Khizar, I have an important meeting to get to. Please, excuse me."

"Your business, your films, your wealth, all will go away in front of you and you won't be able to stop any of it. Don't call for God's wrath Azlan. You are being nothing but cruel. Downright cruel. And when my God will come to serve justice, you won't find a place to hide."

Khizar said this and left his house. In anger and in rage. He didn't even know how he would advocate for his sister because he was feeling helpless himself. Khizar knew he had to try but he knew his attempt wasn't very appealing either and neither did it affect the cold-hearted Khan. But he did one thing right. He reminded him of his God. The God who is the ever Just, and who is merciful and the God who punishes those who remain ignorant to their errors and mistakes. This may not have scared Azlan by now, but it did get him thinking.

-----------

He got back to his car and shed a tear in sheer helplessness. How much she had to go through and even today she is the one suffering and as a brother he couldn't do anything to protect her. His sister was alone, fighting a war she never imagined she would have to fight and here he was, making failed attempts at mending someone's heart who was taking revenge for something God knows what.

He understood what they did was wrong, and both were to blame but at least Dania was acting responsible. Azlan was withdrawing himself from all duties and all responsibilities regarding her as if she never mattered. This was killing him more. She was trying to correct the wrong and Azlan was being adamant on just continuing to do the wrong. Khizar Muraad was a weak man and a failed brother, he had concluded for himself.

-------------

"What sort of irresponsibility is this, Azlan? You are so wrong!"

Behraam got to find out about everything that happened from Ali who had called him with serious concern and also in anger.