Chapter 12

The restaurant was lavish, one of the most talked about in Karachi. She didn't like lavish or luxurious places to visit but she always managed to find her comfort somehow. Due to the nature of the business of her father, she was used to having these big dinners at places like this. Today, she was feeling some different form of comfort. It was giving her confidence and, but it was also making her feel secure.

They walked inside, and the waiter guided them to the table Azlan had reserved for the two. The table was right next to the large window from where one could see the stunning views of the sea. A natural smile appeared on her face seeing how simple the table looked and how far it was from the main restaurant seating arrangement. She was surprised at how much he understood her without even her telling him. His voice brought her back to her surroundings.

"I felt that you don't like over-crowded or busy places, but this restaurant is my favourite and equally busy, so I made sure we get a quiet place. This works for you, right? If not, we can get it changed or go somewhere else?"

"This is fine. Quiet's good."

She said as she smiled looking at him and he reciprocated.

Both of them placed their orders and waited for it to be served. The silence between them wasn't awkward but they never talked much except work related. For that reason, this silence was normal.

"So, did you always wanted to be a fashion designer?"

His question was random, but it was an attempt to get talking. And it worked.

"Always wanted to be a fashion designer. It's just so cool to make something as creative as one can like or make something as simplest as possible and then wear it too and own it. Like its theirs. Their product. They made it."

Her face was beaming with the happiness as she talked about her favourite work. Work that she badly enjoys doing. He was happy to see her smile so bright like this and that how proud she is of what she does. That too at her best.

"And what about you? You always wanted to be a film producer?"

"I knew I wanted to do some sort of business but then I also didn't want to go the typical route of businessmen. Film making is different but it's the business I enjoy. We started off with small budget films that didn't do very well and now we make so many films every year and they do well. It gives me a feeling of achievement. I always wanted to make something I can be proud of afterwards. Every single film we have made or is under production right now, gives me that feeling of pride."

"You should be proud of it."

She rushed her response because she said it in excitement, but it brought a smile on his face. Meanwhile their food was served but the conversation continued with a different topic.

"Dania?"

"Yeah."

"I am sorry for what happened that night at the event. I am really sorry."

"It wasn't your fault so don't apologise. Honestly, I am fine."

He nods and smiles only.

"But thank you for looking after me when I wasn't in the best of my emotional state. You were a great support. I really value that."