Epilogue

After tireless attempts of calling Azlan and making sure if he was fine, Dania had given up and dropped her phone on the bed and just prayed for his safety. There were reports of some incidents of target killing in the city centre and even though the police in a news conference assured people that the situation was under control, Dania's heart was not at peace.

Amelia was sleeping on the bed right next to her, Behraam and Sara had gone to their room early and probably had not heard about the city's situation. She didn't feel it was right to worry them, so she tried contacting Azlan herself.

She leaned against the crown of the bed and sighed in worry. She said a silent prayer for husband's safety and left it all on her merciful God. There was only so much she could do. She had her eyes closed when her phone vibrated.

It was an unknown number. Who could be calling her right now?

"Hello?"

"Is this Mrs Dania Azlan?"

Her heart was sinking with the man's voice from the other side.

"Yes."

"Mrs Azlan, your husband has met with a car accident. He was on the same road when the target killing happened, though it wasn't targeted at him, while he tried to drive past, he collided with another vehicle. Please come to Indus Hospital Karachi."

That man had said so much in one go but she only heard two things.

Azlan and accident.

She was numb, still and expressionless.

"Hello? Hello there?"

"I am coming."

She had said with a shaking voice and then ended the call.

For the next few moments, she had no clue what she was doing. She had no idea when she went to Behraam and Sara's room and told them about the incident without a single tear falling from her eye. She was acting like a guarded strong woman who felt nothing but deep down, every core of her being was crashing. She left Amelia with Sara and Behraam and left for hospital alone. Sara called Amaraah and she sent Khizar immediately to the hospital for Dania's support.

-----------

With trembling steps, she rushed to the reception. With the ultimate frailty in her voice she had asked the receptionist where her husband was. She pointed her towards the right of the long corridor and without paying any heed to what else the receptionist said, Dania rushed to that direction.

She reached the far end of the corridor where the receptionist had directed her but now she was clueless. Where was Azlan?

She turned around in confusion when she found a man dressed in doctor's uniform looking at her.

"Are you okay, ma'am?"

"My husband, Azlan was brought here. He had an accident... I'm trying to find..."

"Okay, okay. Relax. I am Dr. Tahir and I am treating Azlan and I can assure you, he is fine. By the grace of God, his state isn't critical. He has minor injuries but nothing to worry about."