Chapter 10

Dania entered the house with worry written all over her face despite how hard she tried to cover it up from her family. She found Ali, Amaraah and Khizar waiting for her in the living room.

"Assalam o Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam. Are you okay bacha? How come are you so late?"

"The... the party ended late. Mr Azlan has asked me to extend his apologies to you."

"Sorry for worrying you all."

"No, no. Don't be sorry. You are back home safe, that's more important."

Dania nodded to Amaraah's reassurance and in silence walked up to her room. Ali, Amaraah and Khizar exchanged looks with each other and the two parents were concerned to why Dania didn't tell them that she had come with Azlan just now.

Khizar was the satisfied and relieved one. He had seen Azlan's car parked from his room window and had told his parents who didn't mind but were instead satisfied that the boy got their daughter home safe. But they were unsure to why Dania didn't want them to know.

"Maybe she is scared to tell you guys as to how you would react. She is fine Ami and Baba. You guys go and rest. Its late."

"Yeah, same goes for you."

"I am going just now but will check on Dania if she is okay first."

Amaraah nodded and smiled at her son and followed Ali who had walked towards their room.

------------------------

"Dania?"

"Yes, bhai?"

"It's fine if you came home with Azlan. Ami and Baba know, and they didn't mind. Don't worry okay?"

"They do?"

"Yeah, I had seen his car, so I told them. Honestly, they were more than glad that you are home safe."

Dania just nodded but the worried expression was set on her face. Khizar could see it was not the fear that she came home with Azlan but something else was that bothering her. He knew his little sister this much.

"I won't ask you what happened but if at any point you feel like you need to talk to someone, always know, you have your brother by your side. Always. In everything."

"I know. Thankyou".

Dania smiled. Khizar reciprocated and patted her head in a brotherly manner. He greeted her a good night and left Dania in her own deep thoughts.

---------------

He entered the house in silence and tried to walk as calmly as possible. The lights were dim in the living room, corridor, kitchen and dining room until the lights were turned on as Azlan entered.

He just sighed in exhaustion looking at his father waiting for him at the dining table.

"You didn't sleep yet? I had called you that I will be late."