Chapter 17

Dania and Azlan's return to Pakistan was as normal as one would expect. Some speculated about them and their relationship while some knew and understood that they were in love and were a couple. Be it Ali, Amaraah or Behraam, parents from both sides were happy for them. But they were unaware of what had happened on the night in Los Angeles and to what was to hit them.

Dania and Azlan, both were happy with their life too. Azlan's attitude and things that he didn't approve were adjusting with Dania though she had her complains. Their engagement was now not a secret as much as both families got to know about it and was expectedly approved. Baaghi opened to great reviews after the premieres in Los Angeles, Karachi and Lahore and it was nothing short of a news to add to the list of goodness for Azlan, his business and family.

It had been five weeks to the film's release and in terms of box office collections, ABK Films put up a great competition as it became the highest grossing film of the year so far. By this point, Dania had shifted back to her father's fashion house and was back to her usual work. She would still meet Azlan every other day because amidst everything, they would always manage to find time for each other.

-------------

"I am sorry for not making it today. I feel really unwell. I owe you this one".

She sent this text with a disappointing feeling as she had to refuse Azlan for a dinner out. She had been feeling really sick and had felt dizzy throughout the day which made her weak and lazy.

He didn't reply but in response called her.

"Are you okay? Have you been to the doctor?" He said with a concerned and serious tone.

"I haven't but I think I will. This isn't getting better."

"You definitely should. Let me know if you want to with me."

"No. I think it would be better if I went alone or with Ami."

"As you wish. But take care of yourself okay? And visit the doctor real soon."

"I will. Promise."

They ended the call and Azlan focused back on his work while on the other side a really confused and concerned Dania was lost in her thoughts. Was her sickness and ill health a symptom of a particular news she is not prepared to hear or is she really over-thinking?

----------

Two weeks later

Dizziness, feelings of nausea and now real sickness with a striking pain in her stomach. What was going on? Her health was not on her side and her fears and anxiety wasn't helping either. Another obstacle she was scared to tackle was deciding whether to go to doctor without her or with her mother?

She ended up deciding on going alone. She had gone to get her blood tests done a week early and had been on medications that weren't helping at all. But maybe it was just viral, maybe it was seasonal or maybe it was what she was scared that it to be. She was in the waiting area for the doctor to call her in and as the nurse came to her and gestured her to follow her, Dania felt her heart beat stopped. What could this fear and reluctance mean?

Dr Saira saw Dania entering and smiled at her, but that smile was trying to hide something. Dania could tell. What? She didn't know but she hoped she would know by the time she leaves her room.