4. The Test & The Deal

I'm watching your favorite movie...

How long are you going to shame me for that?!

Until the end of time, my friend! I still can't believe that's your favorite movie!

Look, Face/Off is one of the best movies ever made and it features one of my favorite actors of all time – we've been over this!

I still can't believe it, it's such a terrible movie!

You know we never got around to your favorite since you bashed me the entire evening. I've been dying to know your favorite movie for a week!

Prepare to be amazed...

Mine is Grindhouse: Death Proof by Quentin Tarantino, starring Kurt Russell. Boom!

Hmm...mine is still better but I'm not going to shame you for yours. What kind of friend will I be if I did that?

Don't try to manipulate me to apologize to you for your poor choices; it's never going to happen.

Boo you're evil.

Don't you have a test for me to pass?

I'm sure I can think of something, just give me a minute.

A few minutes passed and Florence folded clothes while waiting.

I've come up with a test for you now.

Finally a text from Eric!

Let's hear it then!

You're on a desert island and you can only bring 3 things: a person, an object and a newfound skill – what would you bring?

That's easy; I'd bring my best friend Grace, ignition steel and the ability to fly.

You've played this before?

Didn't I tell you I was stranded on Martha's Vineyard for the summer? Of course I have!

I should've known! Well you passed anyway...

Can I ask you a question?

You just did...

Shut up!

What are you parents like?

They're amazing and we're actually fairly close. My father is your typical dad-comedian and my mother would cook for an insect if that meant she'd have company in the house.

Why do you ask?

I wish your mom could rub some of her niceness on mine.

Problems at home? If you want to talk you know I'm here.

Her heart fluttered for a second before she continued typing.

Thank you for that but I'll be home in my own apartment by tomorrow morning and then all is right in the world.

Anyway; I'm spending the last night of summer vacation with my mother so I'll text you later tonight or wake you up early tomorrow morning!

Have a good night with your mom! Think of me when you're eating all that delicious food I know you'll be eating.

Little did he know that while eating all that delicious food that Ignacio had made for them all Florence could think about was sharing it with Eric.

*

A little something to leave you with before bedtime

That looks AMAZING! Tell your mother I said that!

Stop your obsession with my mother!

I will not!

I will note that you just sent me a picture though.

I did. How are we feeling about that?

I'm not sure, I suppose after a while I assumed it would happen. I just thought it'd be of our faces.

Really? I thought you liked this whole anonymous thing.

Not necessarily, but if you do I have no problem with it.

We'll share pictures of food and I'll try my best to make it look presentable.

Well...what if we were to send each other 1 picture of our faces?

Tired of imagining how I look like?

Who said I had?

Oh come on, it's inevitable!

Okay fine, yes I am a bit sick of it! I'm ready to be disappointed.

Very funny my friend, not at all hurtful.

So what do we decide?

Picture or no picture that is the question.

I say picture.

Tomorrow night we'll send each other each one picture and then never again. Sounds alright?

I'm on board but we should establish some rules to avoid being tricked.

Not that I think you would lie to be but just in case you were planning to.

Fair enough; what are your rules?

With the picture we send we'll need to incorporate a blank sheet of paper with tomorrow's time and date and our name.

Like people do when they're kidnapped?

Yes actually, exactly like that! What do you say?

You've got yourself a deal, Florence!

I'll talk to you tomorrow night then.