9. Jealousy Amongst Friends

"I need your advice regarding Jennifer," Eric asked Florence while pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"Alright, shoot," Florence answered on the other end.

"Do you think I should start packing up some of her things? I'm considering dropping some of her clothes off at her mother and father's place."

"I think that sounds like a great idea; it's a step in the right director to say the least."

"I feel that way too. I need some more space for my own things and it hurts too much to see her clothes simply hang there, without Jennifer to put them on."

"I understand that Eric. I'm proud of you for reaching this point so quickly." She said and clapped her hands loudly.

Eric laughed and had a sip of his juice, "Do you think this is too soon? I mean she could be returning any day now..."

"You're not throwing her clothes in the trash; you're simply giving them to her parents – that seems like a very sensible thing to do. So no, I don't think it's too soon."

"Good, now that we've got that out of the way; how was school today?"

"It was good! I got a lot of things done and Adam is coming over later to work on the documentary."

"Oh...your friend Adam from school?"

"Yes, it's our project. Although he's been on my case about texting you too much during our sessions."

"Tell him to stop being a hater!" Eric said jokingly, even though it wasn't meant that way.

"I'm going to completely change the topic here: guess what movie just ended up on Netlifx?"

"Face/Off has been on Netflix for ages, Florence, you're just a little slow."

"No idiot; 'Pumpkin Spice Hottie' do you remember that one?" She teased.

Eric groaned, "That's going to haunt me for a while I think. Are you going to watch it?"

"I was thinking we could have a phone movie night, this evening, if you wanted."

"I'd love to. What time should I—"

A noise in the distance caused Florence to interrupt their phone call for a second and Eric knew it was most likely time for them to hang up.

"Sorry about that—Adam is here now so I have to—"

"It's alright; I'll speak to you tonight for the movie."

"You absolutely will. I hope you're stacked up on snacks!" She exclaimed and quickly hung up.

Eric chuckled for a while on the other end and despite being ditched for her good friend Adam he knew he had her for the rest of the night – only as a friend of course.

*

When Adam arrived he had a big smile on his face and a take-out bag. He knew the rules: always bring food for Florence. Florence is one of the few friends Adam has on campus since he rarely leaves his dorm room. In the beginning she thought it was just because he was a total movie buff that didn't want to do anything else, but when she found outhow shy he truly was she put two and two together. Over time Adam got close to Florence and felt like he could trust her and ever since then he'd began to come out of his shell ever so often – even to Chloe and Grace.

"I brought Taco Bell for the lady," he said and placed it on the counter in the kitchen area.

"Let's get started right away and eat at the same time." Florence announced.