8. First Phone Call

A knock on the door startled Eric as he sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He looked at his alarm clock that showed 1:05 am and wondered who could be reaching him at this hour. Knowing that his sister Anna was overseas he got concerned and hopped out of bed to see if it was her. Surprisingly enough the young woman standing outside his door wasn't Anna at all but Florence. She had never come to his apartment before and he didn't recall giving her this address, but it could've slipped into one of their many late night conversations.

He ripped open the door and was met by her dressed in a white summer dress, her hair pulled to her left shoulder and a smile on her lips.

"Florence, what are you doing here?" He asked tiredly.

She giggled and pushed him inside the apartment as she walked inside herself. He looked down at himself and saw he wasn't wearing a shirt but Florence had already noticed that and her eyes were focused on his chest.

"I want to tell you something," she leaned forward and he shivered when her lip met his earlobe for a quick kiss, "I like you." She whispered and giggled once more.

"But I love Jennifer—"

"If you loved Jennifer, then why am I in your dream?" She said and stripped out of her dress, exposing her white lace underwear.

Eric sucked in his breath and froze to the floor while watching her. He desperately wanted to reach out and touch her but something was stopping him, no it was someone. He looked back and saw Jennifer's angry face stare right at him.

"Jen—" He started but she shook her head no.

"Time to wake up, Eric." She said and slapped him across the face.

*

Had fun yesterday, did we?

I'm sorry Eric, I just couldn't help myself. I got nervous and tipsy-called you.

It's okay, Florence. It was a funny message to wake up to.

I'm glad you thought so.

You have a nice voice, by the way.

So do you Florence.

What are you up to today?

I have classes until 3 pm and then I'm free as a bird.

Classes? As in college?

Please say college...

Yes stupid, college. I'm a senior at UCLA.

I'm 21 years old...

Oh thank god! I should probably tell you I'm 24 then...

I figured you were older than me... :)

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

How can you afford an apartment off campus?

Rich parents, fortunately...but when I'm done with college and get myself a decent job I'll be out of this place!