Vanilla Lattes ♡

Previously on tastes so sweet...

"Sorry, I'm late." His soft stubble hits the skin of my neck as he whispers something into my ear letting a laugh slip through his lips that are almost touching my cheek.

As his raspy voice trails through one ear and out the other, the peach fuzz on my neck stands up.

This boy could say anything, and I would turn into a puddle.

I slowly but, surely pull myself together, turning around to see his emerald gaze locked to my blue eyes, his plump lips curled, and his dimples peeking through both of his cheeks.

I stand there in awe of just how gorgeous the tall boy in front of me is, from the way his rolling stones tee shirt hangs loosely over his torso but, the sleeves remain skin tight against his strong arms, to the way his long curls settle where his jaw starts and his shoulders end.

"How did you know I was here?" I say breaking my eyes from Harry's body, casually trying to stretch my sweater out over my large hips in hopes to hide them.

Yeah right, Flora.

"I saw you walking down the street." The smile never leaves his lips as he lets out a small sigh "Oh I see how that... I see how that looked a bit creepy," He pauses to let a giggle slip through his teeth, and then continues "I was sitting on one of the benches doing some writing, and then that's when I saw you."

He holds up the tattered brown journal in his hand that I never even noticed he was holding. The leather cover of the journal is coated from top to bottom in dark ink, words, and drawings that I can't focus in on enough to read before he puts his hand down again to his side.

It makes me remember the ink-stained fingers he had last night.

"You like to write?" I say walking behind the customers that trailed in while I was to busy questioning Harry.

Gosh, Flora just be cool for once.

"When someone inspires me I do." his left eye closes, winking at me quickly, and I just stare at him as I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life

"Flora.."

"Yeah.." I say flicking my eyes back and forth from his mouth to his eyes, his grin somehow manages to grow wider as he speaks

"It's our turn to order."

"Oh." I nervously tuck a strand of my dark hair behind my ear, feeling my cheeks heat from embarrassment as I scan quickly over the menu "I'll have a vanilla latte, with a shot of that caramel cream.." I tell the waitress, watching Harry pull money out of his wallet, and handing it to the barista.

"Two of those actually. keep the change."

"Here," I say handing him the five dollars that is still glued to my hand. Harry looks at the money, and shakes his head "Consider this our first date."

What...

"ORDER 22! TWO VANILLA LATTES WITH A SHOT OF CARAMEL CREAM!" Before I can say anything the barista shouts from behind the counter.

Harry thanks her as he grabs both lattes. I follow behind him as he leads us to a table in the far back of the coffee shop.

The table is quite secluded, a dark tapestry running along the back wall, and two chairs sitting directly next to one another.

"Is this table okay?" Harry raises his eyebrows, shrugging his shoulders with the two lattes in his ring-covered fingers.

"Yeah," I say slightly shaking as Harry pulls the chair out for me to sit.

"Thank you.. for that and the latte."

"It wasn't anything." He shakes my thanks off and takes the seat next to me.

I can feel our thighs touching under the table, and I hope he can't tell how shaky I am or looks under the table to compare the size of our thighs.

Harry sips on his latte, and I do the same trying to think of something to say other than "Why are you here with me?"

I don't know why a pretty boy like him would want to be seen with a chubster like me.

"So Flora... Do you come here often?" Harry says, and I can't help but laugh at how much it seems like a pickup line.

He catches on rolling his eyes at himself.

Ugh ~ he's cute.

"That sounded like I'm trying to hit on you doesn't it."

"A little yeah," I say my lips falling into a frown from my previous smile.

Of course, he isn't hitting on me.

"Is it working?" Harry's eyes watch me contently, and I can't focus on anything other than the flecks of gold peeking through his green irises.

"Is what working?" I ask taking a small sip of my latte, having to break my eyes away from his.

"My hitting on you?" I nearly spit the hot coffee out from my lips at his words, and he grabs a napkin bringing it to my lips to wipe the coffee dribbling of my lips.

I can feel his warm breath hitting my neck as he wipes at my lips, and the scent of vanilla and mint radiating off his tongue.

I don't know what is happening, or what I'm supposed to be doing at this moment, so I pull my head back fully aware that his free hand was resting on my double, no triple chin. I watch him frown at my sudden movement.

"What's wrong?" He says crumpling the napkin as he speaks.

"Why are you talking to me?" I ask shyly looking down now at my hands crossed on the table.

I feel his hand reach over, touching my cheek, the cold metal of his rings on my skin making shivers run down my back. He pushes my head to look into his familiar gaze "Because I like you, Flora."

I like you, Flora. He likes me.

"Why?" I say mostly to myself but, also to Harry who just shakes his head at me like I'm not getting it.

"Let me take you out tomorrow and I will show you." He rubs his thumb in circles around my cheek before I can answer him he stands up, walking over to my side of the table, bending over to press his pink lips against my blushed cheeks.

"Okay," I say staring at Harry's backside as he walks through the doors of the bright coffee shop, and into the moonlit street.

What just happened.