Nothing Is A Dream ♡

I didn't sleep last night thanks to the butterflies flying around in my stomach, and the thoughts in my head telling me to wake up from my dream.

Only nothing is a dream.

Harry himself reminded me of that when I got a text late last night saying he would pick me up at seven, and that he couldn't wait.

So i've been sitting up all night and all of today, trying to figure out a way to get out of it but, I can't commit to a single idea.

There is something lingering in my mind telling me to do this. To go on this date with Harry, and just see what happens. It's probably just my mind wanting to make a fool out of me.

Who am I kidding.

After debating on wether or not to get out of bed after well.. All night, I finally get up and shuffle to the bathroom.

I start a shower, turning it to hot and then remove my flannel pajamas. I stare at myself in the water stained mirror in disgust of the stretch marks that cover my stomach and the way my nipples look like pepperonis as they sag way below where they should.

My eyes start to fill with tears as I scan over each part of my body, picking something I hate off each one.

"Get your shit together Flora." I slap myself across my cheek, telling myself not to keep thinking such things about myself, even though I know it never works and then I step into the shower.

I let the hot water trail down my back and then shave my legs and wash my body with my cherry body wash, getting lost staring at the suds and bubbles swirling around my pale skin. soon enough I notice the pads of my finger tips pruning and decide to shut the water off, wrapping a towel around my body.

"Okay Flora pick something flattering." I mumble to myself as I search my closet for something that doesn't make my hips look to big, and will work for wherever harry is taking me.

I settle on a pair of black leggings and my favorite red and black flannel that hits me at a good spot just below my butt.

I also pick up a black lace bra and the matching underwear that I bought a year ago and just never tried on, figuring they wouldn't fit anyway.

"Please don't give me uniboob." I whisper over and over again as I hook my bra behind my back, scared to look in the mirror.

"This looks okay.." I smirk a little finding the way the matching bra and panty set looks on me.

I've never tried wearing something like this because I thought I would look stupid but, I like it.

It makes me look like the other girls.

Snapping me from my thoughts my phone starts to buzz and I start to panic thinking it's Harry calling to cancel just when I started to get excited.

It's just Lola.

"Hey Lola." I say into the phone while trying to button my flannel.

"Hey wanna go out tonight." She says into the phone and I can tell she is already a bit tipsy.

"I can't." I pause and she huffs into the phone.

"Why do you have a date with a book or something boring like that." She says into the phone and i almost forgot that I didn't bother telling Lola about what happened yesterday.

"No I have a date with Harry." She doesn't speak for seconds after me.

"The hot guy with the long hair and the tattoos! You have a date with him! how?" The way she says how makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

She says it like it's impossible for anyone to think i'm anything but the fat girl.

"He asked me out and I said yes. listen I have to go. He will be here soon to pick me up." I say into the phone, my finger catching the tear falling out of my eye.

"I didn't mean it like that flora." Lola sighs into the phone and I can tell she's not sorry.

She meant every word she said.

"It's fine. I'll call you tomorrow." I say and hang up. sick of feeling bad for myself, I button the rest of my flannel, leaving a few open that lead to my chest and then I pull out my tiny stash of makeup from my dresser.

I apply a sheer coat of foundation, letting my freckles peek through, a little blush on the tip of my nose and cheek bones and my basic vanilla bean lip balm.

Not knowing what to do with my hair, I take it down from it's top knot and brush out the dark curls that hang past my shoulders, and then I run my fingers through it, shaking it out to look messy but, nice.

Just as i'm putting on my studded flats I hear a knock on the door of my apartment. I turn off my lamp by my bed and then grab my purse heading to the door.

When I open the door I reveal a nervous harry holding a single red rose in one hand and the other tucked in his back pocket.