Oh The Dimples ♡

Harry looks as nervous as I do as he stands with the red rose between his fingers, his hand shaking.

"You are -"

"Is that for me-" I talk over him accidentally. My voice coming out more of a squeak than actual words.

Nice Flora..

"Oh yes.. I didn't know if you would think it was dumb or not." He hands me the rose, and I think it's anything but dumb.

I set it down on my dresser by my door, reminding myself to put it between the pages of my diary tonight when I return.

At least if this ends in disaster, I will have the pretty rose.

"It's beautiful." I speak more clearly this time as I find his calming green gaze staring back at my baby blues.

"Just like you." Harry reaches for my hand as I close the door behind us.

I can't help but blush as I feel his long fingers wrap around mine. The cold metal of his rings once again having the hair on the back of my neck stick up.

"I made erm- a basket of some sorts. filled it with cheese and fruit, a little bit of wine.."

As the words slip through his lips slowly, my smile only grows wider.

"I have a place I like to go and just sit and write sometimes. Is that alright with you?"

"That sounds more than alright." I turn my cheek to look at the tall boy who is already watching me with his dimples on full display.

Oh the dimples..

I break the contact between us, feeling the anxiety kick in as I really take in what is happening.

Harry's grip firm on my hand, growing clammier by the second. His shirt is this pink satin with a black trim. The way his lips curl into this perfect boyish smile. He is so tall, and walks with so much confidence, yet I can still feel his hand shaking in mine.

Why would a boy so beautiful be nervous about going on a date with a fat girl like me.

"It's only a few minute drive." He says sheepishly, opening the car door of his vintage yellow vw bug for me.

"Okay." I say sliding as gracefully as I can into the old car.

Harry gets in, never turning his grin away from me as he starts the engine.

I find myself smiling back just as wide, letting a giggle slip at how hard he is trying to make me feel comfortable.

I look down at my hands for a second panic sinking for the hundredth time tonight as Harry drives us down the road, making turns here and there.

This is my first date. I'm twenty two years only and i've never been on a date.

Never done much of anything for that matter..

"You okay Flora?" His broad accent breaks my train of thought, and the feeling of his hand now resting on my thigh.

"Ye- Um yes." I stutter feeling as if I can't breathe at how good the feeling of his thumb running soft circles across my thigh.

Is he going to be this cuddly all night?

♡