♡Chapter Seven♡

♡-ALL WEEKEND the question whether or not I like Jungkook had been stuck in my head. I even found myself searching up how you know you like someone. All these feelings inside me being balled up just released this anxiety all throughout me. 

From what I've seen on TV, with love comes rejection and that's the part that has scared me for the longest time but I'm somehow only realising it now. But aside from that, as soon as I realised I liked Jungkook, this feeling of happiness shivered throughout my body. I suddenly began smiling at the thought of Jungkook and even would hide my face into my pillows due to becoming shy.

And immediately, due to lack of experience in the love world, I thought when you like someone, you have to tell them- that's what Jimin did, that's what Seokjin did, and look where they are.

Monday morning, I had written a letter to Jungkook stating my feelings for him, my big boxy smile not leaving my lips once while writing. I could just see it; I walk up to Jungkook, a crimson blush painting my left cheek (not strong enough to cover the bruise of my right cheek, of course) as I hand him the note. He opens it, smiles and gives me a hug, telling me how he feels the same way. That's how it works, right?

I neatly shoved the letter in the pocket of my back pack and began getting ready for school. Today, I wore a striped short sleeved shirt coloured; orange, red, green and blue, a pair of overalls with a black belt hugging my waist. After changing, I looked in the mirror and smile, thinking I looked fairly cute.

"Taehyung! We are leaving now, come say bye to your brother and sister" my mother's voice rang throughout the house. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of my room. Minnie will not leave the house without a goodbye from me, she always throws tantrums if I don't. Junghyun was only a baby so he wouldn't really remember but whenever I hug him he giggles and kisses me. It's adorable.

When I make it downstairs and to the front door, I kneel down and give each of them a hug.

"Bye~ have a good day at school" I wave after receiving pecks on my cheek. Before they left, my mom also gave me a hug and kiss.

Fortunately, I didn't have to be out of the house for another ten minutes, giving me time to quickly brush my teeth. Butterflies stayed in my stomach as I thought about confessing to Jungkook, a smile growing as I know now that the feeling was butterflies this whole time.

After brushing my teeth, I decided to call Jimin and tell him what I'd be doing today. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed his number as I hurried out the door. After a few rings, the said boy picked up the phone.

"What's up?" Jimin mumbled, sounding like he had a mouthful of food. I unlocked my car and slipped inside, sliding the key into the engine.

"So, I think I like Jungkook" you could hear the smile in my voice as I put him on speaker, putting on my seatbelt after and backing out of the driveway.

"That's great!" He cheered after swallowing his food.

"I'm gonna tell him" my smile was still present as I confidentially drove to school. Jimin choked and start coughing after hearing what I had said.

"You are?"

"Yup"

"Wow, okay- you have a lot more courage than I did when I confessed to Yoongi" my eyebrows furrowed slightly. Why wouldn't he have courage? "Anyways, I'm heading to school now, see you later" Jimin exclaimed on the other end of the phone, hanging up before I got the chance to say goodbye.

I shut off my phone as I pulled up to the school early, looking around to see if Jungkook's car was in the parking lot. When I saw that it was, I quickly took the note out from my backpack pocket and exited the car. The warm wind blew through my hair gently as I shut my car door, locking it and hurrying up into the school.

Say, I did have this nervous feeling in my gut as I made my way toward Jungkook's locker- but I knew it was the right thing to do.

When I turned the corner, I froze when I looked over at Jungkook- he was... hugging a girl? The girl looked to be on the pep squad as she was wearing a cheerleading outfit. They both release the hug and smiled at each other before being surrounded by other athletes.

Slowly, but surely, my heart broke into itty, bitty little pieces. I was too late, another girl already confessed to him. I didn't like the feeling in my chest whatsoever, in fact, I absolutely hated it. A tear slipped from my eye socket as I turned to walk the other way.

A part of me is glad I saw that because I now realise how stupid that was. Please... a confession letter? I scoff and wipe away the tear, quickly ripping up the letter and throwing it out in a nearby garbage can.

°•°♡°•°

♡Third POV♡

ignoring jungkook was hard for Taehyung, the urge to respond to the latter's hellos almost taking over. He was mad, and he had to show Jungkook just that. I'll get over him, and then I won't care he hangs out with others, right? Taehyung thought to himself as the lunch bell rang.

The gang was always better with just the six of them, inviting Jungkook to join in the first place was never a good idea. Taehyung would have passed it off as sick once again and would never talk to the handsome male.

"Did you guys hear? Jungkook made the football team" Hoseok said, fried shoved into his mouth. Of course he made the football team, he's amazing- as much as Taehyung hated to admit it. The thought of having an athlete boyfriend triggered something in his heart- it was so cliche, Taehyung almost wanted to turn into that 'shy, pretty boy' like in all the kpop fanfics he had read before. but he has a girlfriend

"Yeah, it's not surprising," Namjoon replied "he was the best out of all the people there, that's why everyone immediately wanted to hang out with him" it was the truth- athletes here were very popular with literally everyone, meaning everyone would want to befriend them.

Taehyung's eyes wandered over to a large table across the cafeteria, Jungkook, the football team and the pep squad were all seated. He found himself making eye contact with the male, initiating him to quickly avert them away.

"Yeah, well we shouldn't have let him hang out with us, he's a complete asshole" Jimin spat, being angry at Jungkook as well after hearing everything in math class from Taehyung.

"Some people just attract popularity, maybe he doesn't want to be on everyone's bad side by not hanging out with them. There are people who secretly hate us because we are all a part of the GB community" Seokjin explained with a frown, playing with his food. He had a point and Taehyung knew it, but if that 'bastard' really wanted to be their friends, he would have said fuck being popular, I'm gonna hang out with the gang. Or at least that's what Taehyung thought.

"I guess so" Jimin mumbled afterward, taking one of Hoseok's fries.

"Ya! You have caf' cards, go get your own food!"

I'm probably gonna be switching to 3rd POV because I found I'm a little more comfortable using that as the word "I" appearing so often pisses me off (and in chapter eight I will stop using capitals cause i've found its more satisfying to me, ill one day edit all this, i just don't think doing it this early after uploading is a good idea)