Pep Talk

"Leave him alone!" Charlie screeched, shaking her torso forcefully to try to break free.

Two of the Ravengers had her held back from where Yondu was beating Peter.

Charlie and Peter locked their gazes on each other. Peter frowned when he saw how much she was struggling to get to him. He tried to smile at her, to inform her that he was alright.

"Quill, Rivet, I oughta kill ya two for double crossin' me."

"But you shouldn't!" Peter quickly replied.

"And why is that?"

"We have a friend!" Charlie shouted at Yondu.

"Shut up, Rivet!" Yondu snapped.

The next thing she felt was his fist collide with her face.

Charlotte grunted and tossed her head back, getting her hair away from her face.

Fighting back would only make Yondu motivated to hit her more.

Peter was yelling at her, begging her to keep quiet. Despite that, she knew she needed to keep going, "She knows Ronan, his weaknesses, his army, probably everything. If you give us time.."

Yondu opened his mouth to reply, but Peter beat him to it, "We can make a plan! A plan that ends with you receiving the gem."

Yondu pulled his hands back from Charlotte, a look of wonder of his face.

"Well, alright," Yondu grinned and playfully shoved Peter, "I knew I did a good deed when I picked you two up!"

Charlotte huffed out angry air and ripped her arms from the laughing Ravengers.

Peter wiggled his fingers, signalling for her to grab on. Just as she took his hand, the ship shook.

"What in the hell.." Yondu said.

The group of scavengers raced to the front deck, Charlie and Peter right behind them. Ducking down, the two caught sight of the Milano straight ahead.

"You see this man on top of the ship?" It was Rocket, "He holds in his hand a Hadron Enforcer. Now, if you don't give Quill and Charlotte over, he'll be forced to shoot it. You have five seconds. Five.. Four.. Three.."

Peter lunged forward and pressed down a button on the console, "Rocket, Rocket! Man, it's us! We're fine!"

"Oh, hey Quill." Rocket said, "What's going on?"

--------------------------------

Charlotte pulled up a chair from the kitchen and set it in the middle of the hallway, plopping down. Peter came and stood beside her. Gamora was across from them. Groot and Rocket took seats on boxes while Drax copied Charlie's action.

It was very clear to the group that a discussion was needed.

"First, next time don't blow up the ship I'm on when trying to rescue me," Peter spoke, "Second, I've got a plan."

"You've got a plan?" Rocket scoffed.

"Yes."

"First, you're copying me from when I said I had a plan!"

"No, I'm not. It's not that unique of a thing to say."

"You don't have a plan," Rocket doubted.

Peter bit down on his lip, glancing at Charlie, "I have part of a plan."

"What percentage of a plan?" Drax inquired.

"You don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on Knowhere," Charlotte growled, glaring at him.