Happy Thanksgiving

Rocket yawned. He stretched his small arms as far as they could go, cracking the bones in his body. He made sure he was feeling good before he left his bed for the day.

Unlike any other day, there was actually commotion going on in the Milano. Everyone usually slept till the late hours of the morning, just when the afternoon would begin.

Today was different-- there were noises. He wanted to know why.

Still weary from such heavy sleep, he closed his eyes as he walked out of his room and into the hallway.

"Holy shit," He muttered when his eyes adjusted to the light.

Decorations were hanging from the insides of the ship. Little turkeys sat on the counter, white fairy lights hanging around the edges of the kitchen, even a sign that said, "Happy Holidays." with a turkey on it.

"Happy Holidays?" Rocket read.

"Yes!" Charlie exclaimed.

She poked her head out from around the corner, absolutely beaming.

Rocket was surprised. She was never happy in the morning.

"Am I missing something?" Rocket asked, glancing around.

"No. Charlie just really enjoys holiday celebration," Peter said.

He was sitting at the kitchen table, keeping her company in the early hours of the morning.

"I might be a few days off. Kind of hard to keep track of Earth days when you aren't actually on Earth," Charlie pointed out.

She shook her head, like she was shaming herself, then disappeared into the kitchen.

Rocket scurried into the kitchen behind her for breakfast. Drool almost fell like a waterfall from his mouth.

Mountains of food sat on the counters. The entire kitchen was filled with bowls or trays of food.

Charlie had been cooking a massive meal all morning. But for what?

"Thanksgiving is a holiday back on Earth. You share what you're thankful for.." She explained, "And well.. I'm thankful for all of you. So I'm cooking."

Peter took a spoon from the drawer beside her, but she slammed the drawer before he could grab one. She waved her wooden spoon in his face.

"Absolutely not, Peter Jason. You will wait to touch this good until I say so," She demanded. "Got it?"

"Got it," He said, his eyes wide. He'd never been threatened by a wooden spoon before.

"Now take Rocket and find something to do while I finish up. And wake up the rest of the loons, will you?"

Rocket shook his head as he scurried off. She was seriously taking the role of Mother Hen. She was cooking, cleaning, wearing an apron! What was next.. Kids?

----

Charlie rubbed her temples. She felt like she didn't cook enough. Sure, there were piles of food taking up the entire kitchen, but the five of them altogether ate massively.

She just prayed that she followed the recipes correctly. She wanted their first Thanksgiving to be memorable.

Charlie set up the kitchen table all by herself. Forks and knives, plates for everyone. Drink cups were on the counter, five for each Guardian. She placed the trays of food onto the table.

"Does everyone know their table manners?" She wondered to herself.

She hesitated, but then grabbed a full box of napkins and set them right in the middle of the table. She had a strong feeling they would need them.