Piloting

An argument did take place, when Rocket assigned Charlotte to a ship that wasn't the Milano.

"Charlotte," Rocket snapped.

"Rocket," Charlotte said in the same tone, "That's my ship, let me pilot it."

"If you don't get in your assigned ship, I will crash the Milano," Rocket said, as threatening the precious ship was the single way to get her to stop.

Charlotte pouted and trudged to her assigned ship. She clambered up to hatch, wiggling into the pilot's seat. Her right hand wrapped around the gear shift; her left hand hovered over the trigger of the main gun.

"Ready when you are, Rocket," Charlie said into the earpiece.

"Yondu! Open the hatch."

Charlotte flipped on the engine.

"Five.. Four.. Three.. Two.. One."

Charlotte's stomach filled with butterflies as her plane dropped. She waited until there were no other planes around to pull up on the shift. She fell into the line in between Rocket and Peter.

Yondu ordered the biggest planes to shoot at Dark Astor.

Charlotte watched in amazement as two fiery red blasts zoomed through the air. They hit the force field, creating a cover.

Charlotte followed behind the Milano to the underbelly of the Dark Astor. She maneuvered her ship to hover before she put all of her attention on aiming correctly and firing wildly at the specific part of the ship.

After minutes of rapid shooting, a hole was finally made.

"Babe! Go ahead," Charlie called.

She pulled away from her position and started soaring through the air.

Thousands of Ronan's own aircraft were being released.

Charlotte took a deep breath to calm herself. She thought of her friends and Peter, remembering that they were giving her something to fight for.

With a shake of her head, she threw the gear forward and started firing at the dark vessels.

She dodged exploding ships throughout the air, her eyes keeping a look out for Peter's ship.

Charlotte spotted it and shot down the surrounding aircraft's, leaving him with free air to fly through.

Through the window, he gave her a quick thumbs up before taking off.

"Quill! I've been hit! No more games, boy. I'll see you when this is all over."

Charlotte gritted her teeth. Killing people wasn't her thing, however, if it was Yondu, she wouldn't exactly be upset.

"There's too many of them! We'll never make it!" Gamora shouted.

Charlotte opened her mouth to tell them she would clear the air, but she closed it, her eyes catching the sight of something spectacular.

Formed like stars in the night sky, yellow and blue Nova Corps ships joined the fight.

"Nova Corps!" Charlotte gleefully exclaimed, "We might actually have a chance now!"

"Honey, they got my dick message!" Peter joyfully shouted back.

Charlie let out a puff of air, shaking her head. That would have to be added to the list of things Peter shouldn't have voiced.

With the help of Nova's ships, Peter crash landed into the Dark Astor. From the sounds of it, Drax was having a great time, maniacally laughing through the earpiece.