Merry Christmas

Charlie tied her apron tighter around her waist while she shuffled across the floor.

She fixed decorations into place as she breezed by, making sure everything was as perfect as she could get it. Oh, how many years had it been since she had actually put up decorations? Not since she was a baby and still on Earth.

Peter and her used to just exchange gifts; there was never a tree or anything special for any holidays. But now that they were surrounded with friends, things would be different.

Holidays would be celebrated, cooking would be served three times a day, cleaning had to happen more often.

With the four new friends on board, Charlie was becoming more and more like a mother tending to her children.

Did she mind? Not as much as she would have thought.

Charlie fell into push up position and carefully laid herself on the floor, peaking her head through down the ladder that led into her (and now Peter's) bedroom.

He was still passed out in their bed, his shirt off, his face smashed in the white pillows.

Charlie giggled, wishing she could have let him sleep for a little while longer. But it was Christmas! Nobody was allowed to sleep past 8am.

She cleared her throat, "We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry-"

Peter shot up immediately, tossing his pillow in the direction of the screeching voice.

Charlie had to pull her head up from the hatch to avoid getting hit. When she stuck her head back in, Peter's hands were running across his face and through his hair.

"Morning, sexy," Charlie greeted.

"I love you, but you can't sing," Peter fretted.

"And adding the 'I love you' is supposed to make your comment less mean?" Charlie asked, tilting her head skeptically.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Shut up. I'm awake, go away."

-

Charlie shuffled to her next location: Rocket and Groot's area. The two were fast asleep in their designated spots, Rocket curled up with a small blanket over him and Groot content in his pot.

Charlie would never voice her thoughts, but the more she watched him sleep, the cuter her little buddy got. And then he woke up, cursed like a sailor, and all cuteness was lost.

"I hear those sleigh-bells Ringling, ting-tingiling tooooo!"

"I am Groot!" An alarmed tree shouted, while his buddy squealed.

"Morning, kids," Charlie greeted. "Be up and in the kitchen within the next ten minutes, please."

--

Drax occupied Peter's old area.

Charlie didn't bother making her steps quiet as she entered his space.

The other times she tried to wake him usually ended with a knife to her throat from Drax becoming startled.

"Drax, it's Charlie!" She shouted as a warning, "Please be in the kitchen within the next ten minutes or you're missing gifts!"

--

Charlie skipped through the halls of the ship to find Gamora. When she arrived at her room, she found Peter and Gamora casually holding a conversation.

"Aw, yay. You got her up for me!" Charlie cheered, hanging on Peter's shoulder.

"What is this holiday?" Gamora asked, a faint smile on her lips from seeing the couple.