Opposite

Kj's POV

I've always loved acting.

I mean it's pretty obvious that I would, it's my job. But there's something more to it. It's an escape of reality, a chance to be someone completely different. I like to think Archie and I don't have much in common.

See I never saw the set of Riverdale as a place I would dread going to. I never thought I would suddenly have a frown when I showed up in the makeup trailer.

But lately I just haven't been in the mood.

"You've been awfully quiet these past few days Kj. And whilst I've prayed for the day to come where you sit in this chair silently, now that it's here it feels wrong" Terry, our hair stylist, says as he swivels the chair around so that I can take a seat. "So what's keeping you quiet?" He then asks.

He turns me so that I'm facing the mirror. I look like I haven't slept in a while. In all honestly I have had quite a few sleepless nights.
"It's nothing" I say, managing a small smile.

Before Terry is able to respond the trailer door opens and in walks an energetic Cami. I haven't spoken to her in 8 days 6 hours 32 minutes and 45 seconds. Not that I'm counting or anything.

I turn to look at her, only friendly though. She looks giddy, and I'd rather not find out why. I then draw my eyes from her and look at Terry through the mirror.
"Looks like 'Nothing' just walked in" he wittily comments, I roll my eyes in response.

"I swear it's just cause I have a lot on my plate right now. I mean Ari got married, I have to do The Hate You Give coverage, not to mention season 3 premiering. It's just wearing me out" I list several excuses. Terry looks at me through the mirror.
"Ah yes Ari is an Apa no more, was it good?" He asked, making conversation.
"Of corse" I try to response with enthusiasm "it was great seeing the whole family againI then watch him look at Cami.

"How have you been lately Cami? Had a lot on your plate too?" He asked her.
"Not really, just filming and doing some publicity here and there" I heard her respond. I couldn't see her, but I could hear her smiling.

"Did you go to Ari's wedding? Kj was just telling me about it" Terry asked with a smile.
"No, I was busy working" She simply responded.

Lies. She went to the movies with Charles and afterwards went out for dinner.

"So what scene are you guys filming?" Terry asked after a moment of silence, as Cole walked into the trailer.
"One where she cheats on me with Charles" I bluntly explain, then everyone looks at me.
"I meant our characters" I spit and get up out of my chair, brushing past Cole as I leave the trailer.

"Hey! What the hell was that!" Cole semi yelled, following me as I walked away from the trailer as quick as possible. "Why did you say that!" He asked, grabbing my shoulder and making me face him. I shrug his hand off me.

"Picture Lili getting all dressed up, you arrive at her apartment and see that there's some guy dressed up to go on a date with her! Wouldn't that make you a little bit mad!?" I ask in a fuming tone, he looks a little startled and slightly pensive.

"Look what happened sucked okay but doesn't mean you can call her out like that infront of everyone" he tried to reason with me.
"Everyone? There were only a few people there" I mumble. "And I don't know what I'm supposed to do. It's like one minute I had the world in the palm of my hands and the next minute it's all just crashing down" I explain in a softer tone.

Truth is, I'm still mad. I mean who wouldn't be. I don't regret calling Cami out. She deserved it. But I just don't have the energy to fight with Cole about this. I just want it all to go away.

"When was the last time you slept?" He asked, completely irrelevant to what we were talking about a second ago.
"Last night, I got about 45 minutes" I answer, running my hand through my hair with a sigh.

"Okay, you aren't in the right state to be working, let's just go back to the apartment, you need to just rest and get away from all this" he suggested.

I wanted to reject his offer, I wanted to tell him that I was down to film and just act like everything is fine.

That's what I do best isn't it? Act.
Just act like everything is completely fine and I'm fine and everyone is fine and it's all just fine.

I want to tell him I'm alright, that I don't need sleep and that I don't need to eat, that I'm fine just having a few small snacks each day.

I nod.

"Yeah" I mumble "I really fucking need that"
He gives me a small smile in response.

-

Cole talked to Roberto. I'm not sure what he said, but I'm currently at our apartment away from set. I'm in bed, it's only 7:45 am. I can't really sleep to be honest. But it's nice to just lie in silence.

I can hear Cole watching TV from the living room. He didn't have any huge scenes to film this morning so he offered to stay with me for a few hours.

Maybe I just need a drink of water.

I get up and slowly open the door, making my way towards the kitchen. It's a pretty open plan apartment and I can see the TV and Cole from here. Of all things he's watching Entertainment Tonight. Catching up on celebrity gossip is something Cole has a secret love for.

"Speaking of trouble in paradise one of our favourite celebrity couples has recently broken up!" I overhear, I walk behind the couch that Cole is sitting on, he doesn't notice me. There's a picture on Cami and I on the screen. Oh great, how the hell did they find out?

"Kj Apa and Camila Mendes have ended their relationship. Fans became suspicious of a break up when Camila was spotted at the movies with other co-star Charles Melton, getting a little too cozy. Kj had flown back home to attend his sisters wedding and fans were curious as to why Cami didn't attend as well! When we reach out to Camila she gave us the following statement, which we warn will probably break a few of your hearts. The 24 year old says: "Yes, Kj and I have ended things. Things just weren't working out and so we mutually agreed to end things. There are no hard feelings though and everything is fine!"
Well at least we have the closure that they are still friends and that their on screen romance probably won't be going away any time soon"

I stopped listening there.

"She lied" I mutter in slight disbelief, Cole turned around with a shocked look on his face.
"Kj! What are you doing up?" He scrambled to turn the TV off.
"She lied to them! There was nothing mutual about cheating on me!" I huff, ignoring his question.
"Kj, now is not the time to get mad, just relax" Cole tried to say in a soothing voice.

"Fuck" I muttered and sat down on the couch, staring off into the distance. There was a small silence.

"Look man I know it's hard, I know it hurts. That's why you're here, to just get away from it all. Go back to bed...are you okay?" He asked softly.

"Yeah" I give him a small smile "I'm alright"

Lies. Of corse I wasn't alright, Cami cheated on me! Why the hell would I be alright.

I'm the opposite of fine, I'm a mess, a disaster, and everything else that is bad. All of it.

And I just need it all to go away.

A/N yooooo haven't updated in a while have I? Thank god for my update schedule (check insta for the schedule @varchiecrew ) anyways hope we are all coping with the lack of Varchie and Kjmila, we are well into the depression hours now! Rant in the comments😂❤️