TWENTY-THREE

"Hi", Jungkook's lips formed a smile when he laid in bed about half an hour later, wrapped into a fluffy blanket. It took Taehyung quite a while to get him into his pyjamas, Jungkook always undressing himself so they could have sex.

Now he finally calmed down, starring at the older in awe while he nuzzled his head into the pillow. Taehyung stood right next to him, eyeing him fondly. Something about him always had this innocent, cutsie look that gave Taehyung constant heart attacks. Jungkook was just a little too pretty when he looked like this. Hair falling above his doey eyes that blinked softly through those dark, long lashes, combined with the most beautiful smile.

"I love you", Taehyung whispered, brushing through Jungkook's hair while he admired the view.

"I don't want to be rude-", Jungkook gulped, "But I love my Ex. Sorry, no one can top Taehyungie~"

The older chuckled. Jungkook still didn't got it and thought he was some random stranger. "That's okay", he said, voice low.

"I'll go home now", he added quickly.

"Why? Sleep here! We can have sex a-and cuddle. I love cuddles!", Jungkook squeaked out, reached for Taehyung's shirt and pulled shyly on his sleeve.

"You're drunk, Kook", Taehyung shook his head. "When you were sober you told me you don't want all of this for a while. Means I'm sure I don't have your consent. I don't want to do anything with you but protect you while you're not clear in your head, okay?"

Jungkook tilted his head, "You're Taehyung."

Taehyung laughed softly, "Yeah, Babie. That's me."

"Taehyung's the only one who loves me so much that he would care so much about me", Jungkook said, suddenly tearing up. "The only one", he repeated thoughtfully.

Taehyung sighed, "I'll go", he turned around but Jungkook still hold onto his shirt. "Stay."

"No. Jungkook, you shouldn't have broken up with me then", he explained, pushing his hand away carefully. "It hurts, okay? I'd do anything for you, yet you can't even hold on to me", he shrugged and then headed towards the door.

"I love you, Jungkook. But you gotta figure out how to love yourself first, who you are and who you wanna be. Then you'll be able to love someone else in the right way."
He quickly rushed out.

Luckily Jungkook was so drunk, he wouldn't remember any of those words in the morning.

While Taehyung walked home through the dark alleys of this district of the town, his thoughts drifted off. Back to the weekend they met, when everything felt right, easy and perfect.
They changed a lot in just one month and it was frightening to recognize how Jungkook was such a cocky yet so cute, filled with innocent boy, now struggling with himself and his whole sense of life.

Meanwhile Taehyung had been much brighter, a cheerful sunshine whenever he entered a room. Now? Nothing left but guilt and darkness filling him up.

In only one month.

*

"So what's the plan for today?", Jin asked in the morning when everyone was gathered in the living room. They wanted to spend this week off in the best way possible.
"Any suggestions?", he asked.

"Where's Jungkook?", Yoongi asked, confused why the youngest was missing.

"He's at his brother's apartment", Hoseok explained quickly. "He'll probably be back soon", he then added, smiling a little. Taehyung stayed quiet, looking away.