TWENTY-SIX

im rly happy you guys took it so well this time!!  ❤ ily

***

2 years later.

"Guys, gather up!", Namjoon shouted through their dorm, they had a new one for a while now.  A bigger one with actual thick walls that were tested soundproof, as well as much more space to give everyone some time to themselves.

Jimin and Yoongi were sitting on the couch, reading a book to each other peacefully while Yoongi kept brushing Jimin's tummy since it hurt the whole day already. "Why", Jimin whined, not wanting to move an inch.  Namjoon sat down there, "Jungkook's 18th birthday is tomorrow", he hummed, "And we didn't plan anything yet."

Hoseok, Taehyung and Jin arrived now as well, they were upstairs to play some sort of videogame where they were killing aliens and enjoyed it a little too much. After playing it for five hours straight they finally got their eyes off the screen and Namjoon couldn't be more thankful.

"What's the matter", Hoseok asked, cheerfully as always, sitting down while holding Taehyung's hand softly. The younger one didn't say a word, blank face on and just waiting for the conversation to start.

Taehyung didn't talk much anymore, he wasn't as hyped and excited over anything like before, stopped talking a lot and just stayed in the back. Their growing fanbase realised that already as well, several rumors coming up that he might be depressed or other shit but it just made him better at hiding it in front of the camera. Taehyung wasn't okay.

Namjoon stilled, glancing at Taehyung for a while. "Not sure if we should talk about it", he said then. It was obvious that Jungkook wasn't something to be mentioned in front of Taehyung, just like the other way round. Since that one night back then 2 years ago, they were over for real.

Not any of them had healed from it yet.

"It's fine. Actually I thought about his birthday already", Taehyung mumbled, knowing what this must be about. He literally counted to this certain day for more than two years now. "Guess the best thing would be to give him a night to himself in here with his girlfriend. He'd love that, he's been talking about the night of his 18th birthday all the time", Taehyung shrugged, expression saddening. He always thought he'd be the one to join Jungkook on this special night.

"Oh yeah, we could order him good food, turn his room in a pretty one and then just go for the night. To show him we're fine with this relationship", Yoongi said, smiling widely.

"Are we fine with that relationship?", Namjoon lifted his eyebrow.

"We're not", Jin grumbled. "He's still in denial."

Jimin nodded, covering Yoongi's mouth. "Babe, we're on Taehyung's side. We agreed on that."

Hoseok and Taehyung shared a look, Hoseok pouting a little. "Guys, I know I'm not Jungkook but I can actually make him happy too someday", he sighed. Taehyung squeezed the older's hand lovingly. "You already do", he said sadly. But Hoseok only shook his head slowly, it wasn't like that and they knew it.

Everyone did.

"Anyways. Kookie's birthday", Taehyung reminded them. "He'll for sure be excited. And he loves cake and surprises. Make sure to wrap all the presents singularly so he has more to unpack. He'd love that", he chuckled.

"Presents?!", Jimin asked, "Thought people don't do that after their 18th birthday anymore-", he gulped.

The others agreed, Taehyung's face dropped. "Y'all dont have presents for him? He has to have something to wake up to tomorrow!", he said shocked. "It's fine, it's fine. I have 6 presents for him, y'all can just have them", Taehyung smiled softly.