FOURTY-THREE

***

Somewhere around 3am, Taehyung woke up from the empty feeling besides him. The king-sized bed suddenly feeling way too big for him. And there was something else missing. His boyfriend curled up in Taehyung's arms, humming softly in his sleep while he looked like the most adorable thing on earth.

"Baby?", the older asked confused as he blinked his eyes several times to see clearly in the dark. "Hm?", Jungkook's high-pitched voice appeared from across the room. He sat at the window ledge, staring outside. It was dark and rain was falling heavily.

Streets empty yet fully enlightened by the signs and lamps everywhere. Barely any people were walking outside which was a little unusual to see since they were from Seoul, a city that practically never sleeps.
But here? Only once in a while a random person crossed the streets, wearing dark clothes and caps to protect themselves from the rain.

Jungkook was staring at a couple sitting on a bench, the girl was crying and the boy trying to cheer her up. She kept brushing hin off though. "What are you doing that late at night?", Taehyung hummed but got up slowly and made his way towards his boyfriend. As soon as he arrived there he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's smaller body and hugged him tightly.

"I'm watching the rain", Jungkook explained quietly. "And I'm thinking about stuff-"

"What stuff?", Taehyung asked slowly, giving him a kiss on his cheek. Jungkook's heart speeded up but his expression dropped when he thought about all the things going through his mind.
"Doesn't matter", he said quickly. "It's not important", his eyes trailed back outside.

But Taehyung wouldn't let this slide, so he simply sat down next to Jungkook, grabbed his hands to hold them and gave him a smile.
"To me, it does matter. Tell me about your 3am thoughts Baby", Taehyung suggested, sounding so sweet and caring that Jungkook couldn't help but smile.

"No one cares about 3am thoughts", he chuckled but then shifted closer to Taehyung and nuzzled his head into his neck. Their gazes went outside again and Jungkook sighed, "I just thought", he started with a sigh, "Imagine if we could go outside and hold hands and talk on a bench in the middle of the night or what if we could kiss in the rain like they always do in romantic movies or imagine we could have real dates a-and-", he stopped when he felt Taehyung hugging him even tighter from behind.

"That would be amazing", he agreed.

"But we can never do that", Jungkook whined.

"I thought about what would have happened if we never joined this band. They let us be together, yeah. But what if we could just be free--", Jungkook sighed.

"We would have to give up our whole future for this", Taehyung hummed.
Jungkook nodded, "Y-yeah. W-would you?"

"Would I do that?", Taehyung asked quietly.
"Y-yes, a-and be with me forever", Jungkook smiled shyly.

Taehyung giggled a little, "What a question", he ruffled Jungkook's hair. "I'd fight wars for you, Jungkook, I don't mind giving up a career if it means you'd be happier."

Jungkook's cheeks flushed red, "Then we could kiss in the rain-"

"You really want to do that, huh?", Taehyung asked amused when he saw Jungkook's eyes going big and doey, sparkling and glowing more than ever. "Y-yes", he admitted.

"Y'know we can do that without giving up everything, right?", Taehyung grinned. "W-we can?", Jungkook asked.

The older nodded and then got up, pulling Jungkook with him. "The streets are empty, we can go outside-"
Jungkook squeaked in happiness as he put his shoes on quicker than ever and then took Taehyung's hand again. "No jackets! Or else it's not the real vibe", he said in excitement. "Alright", Taehyung hummed, a little worried about getting sick but he wouldn't deny his excited baby any wish.