t h i r t e e n

Although I know Mark is probably super confused as to why I cancelled on him last night, I figured that I should try talking to him about it today.

Mark is typically a very understanding person, so I hope that this doesn't turn into a argument or anything negative like that.

Even though it was snowing like crazy, I decided to take the train to Mark's apartment that way I had more time to think about what I wanted to say and how I was going to say it.

I kept my headphones in as my playlist ranged from Miguel - Skywalker all the way to Dean - Outro. Listening to music always calmed me down and allowed me to fully relax.

However my short surge of relaxation came to an abrupt end when the train had to stop running due to how much snow was beginning to fall.

"Great" I muttered under my breath as I exited the train. As I walked out of the station and began to brace myself for the heavy downpour of snow, I bumped into a tall figure.

I looked up to see that it was Johnny! We both smiled and had a small conversation.

"What are you doing traveling all by yourself during a blizzard Mel?" Johnny asked seeming a bit concerned.

"I'm just heading to Mark's place, with how the weather looks right now I guess I'll have to spend the night there" I responded, just to earn a wink from Johnny causing me to roll my eyes profusely.

"What about you? Why are you traveling during a blizzard?" I asked sarcastically causing Johnny to giggle some more.

"You know people say that blizzards are the best weather to stay home and get drunk, so that's the plan for tonight with some of the other guys while we play fortnite. Lucas said he was going to meet me here but I haven't seen-"

Before Johnny could even finish his sentence we both spotted a drunk Lucas stumbling over every and anything around him. Johnny immediately grabbed him to make sure he wouldn't fall over.

"Well it looks like someone has already gotten started drinking" Johnny laughed, but it wasn't funny to me.

I was worried because I've never seen Lucas become belligerently drunk like this before. He was so drunk I don't think he even noticed me standing there.

I felt my phone vibrate letting me know that my Uber was close to arriving, "Johnny make sure you take care of him, please".

And with that I headed to the car and put my headphones back into my ears.

However this time around no matter what song I listened to, I couldn't stop worrying about Lucas.

-

Once I finally arrived at Mark's apartment I couldn't wait to just lay in his warm bed, under his even warmer arms.

"Oh my gosh your face is so red, you're freezing babe!" Mark squealed, which would've made me laugh if my face didn't feel frozen.

"I- can't- move- my- face-"

Mark began to laugh at me as he wrapped a blanket around me, "I'll run you up a nice hot bubble bath right now" Mark whispered in my ear as he kissed my forehead gently.

Moments like this make me so thankful for Mark. He is an absolute sweetheart and I'll fight anyone that tries to disagree. I grabbed a towel and a big long sleeve shirt from his room, and headed to the bathroom. He was sitting on the edge of the bathtub making sure that the water didn't overflow.

"I know you like your water to feel like it came straight from hell so I made sure it's on the hottest setting" Mark said causing me to kick his leg lightly. In retaliation he started splashing me with water.