n i n e t e e n

3:46 am

I woke up on Mark's bed by myself. I was still wearing my clothes from Ten's party, meaning that I must've fallen asleep after I locked myself in here.

I'm honestly the biggest dumbass I know.

I slowly unlocked the door and walked out to the living room.

The apartment was still pretty full of people, but everyone had found their own little area to fall asleep in. Mark was on the couch with his headphones in, as always.

I tapped his shoulder lightly causing him to flinch as he looked up at me. I motioned for him to follow me as we went back to his room.

We both sat down on his bed, waiting for each other to start talking,

"Melanie I want to apologize, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the audition. I didn't think I was going to make it, I didn't want to seem like a failure to you"

"You're one of the most hardworking people I know Mark, there's no way that I could ever look at you as a failure"

Mark nodded his head as I continued,

"I just wanted you to be honest with me. I'm proud of you and I'm so happy that you got signed, after everything that happened with Lucas I just want honesty."

Mark grabbed my hands and pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry my love"

I nodded my head letting Mark know that I accepted his apology, I know this boy is sincere.

I also know that all of his intentions are pure, so I could never stay mad at him.

As I stayed in his arms, I could tell that there was still something wrong. His chest was tense and his breaths were uneven. He seemed like he was fighting back tears, or even just a fear.

"What's wrong Mark?"

He hesitated, I could just tell that he didn't want to say it, "I have to go to Korea"

Once again my heart stopped. Part of me already saw this coming but I couldn't believe it. I was so caught up in the fact that Mark didn't tell me about the audition that I forgot about the headquarters being in Korea.

I felt tears coming from my eyes but I couldn't pay attention to that as I just let myself melt away into Mark's arms.

I love him, but I can't help but feel like we're just not meant to be.

"When are you leaving?"

"In one week, I just found out today. That's what took so long yesterday, I was trying to find a way to stay here. With you."

"You can't stay here! Making music is your dream, your passion! You can't stay here when you're being given the opportunity of a lifetime"

"What about us?"

"I'll always be here, I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

We both laid in his bed and eventually cried ourselves to sleep. It felt so cliche and corny, but honestly it was needed.