f i f t e e n

A few days later

I never went back to the hospital after what Lucas said. All I wanted to do was be there to support him, yet he decided to talk to me like that. I just can't believe him sometimes.

It's like I can't figure him out no matter how hard I try.

Mark has been acting weird lately too, yet every time I try talking to him about it he just brushes me off.

So in conclusion, men are trash.

Speaking of trash, my older brother is coming back to the city for a few months due to his job as a singer.

The last time I saw him was when we all went clubbing together. Even though we're only step siblings, most people think we're blood related because of how close we are.

Ten 🤮💚:
Hey loser are you going to pick me up from the train station or not?

Me:
God do I have to do everything for you ? 🙄

Ten 🤮💚:
Yes because mom isn't here

Ten 🤮💚:
Hurry up papo it's cold outside

-

As I walk to the train station I think about how I want to explain that Lucas and I broke up. I'm not even sure how to tell my brother. I know he's going to be pissed for one of two reasons:

i. Well I'm his little sister so of course he'll be pissed when he finds out Lucas cheated on me

ii. Mark and Ten have been really close since we were kids too, not that I necessarily care about how Ten feels about us (kinda) dating , I just hope it's not awkward between us three

As soon as I walked to the entrance of Grand Central Station, I saw my dumb brother.

"Hey ugly" I yelled as he choked me in what he considers to be a hug

"You look older and older every time I see you, geez how time flies-" he sighed dramatically, pretending to fake cry.

"You literally saw me a few weeks ago..."

"Are you hungry? Let's do lunch on me", Ten offered. I smiled as we both talked about his job and my classes while walking to a local cafe.

Once we were finally seated and started looking over the menu Ten looked up, "How's Lucas?"

I took a deep sigh before I answered, "um we actually broke up, a few weeks ago"

Ten looked shocked, but then he started smiling. "Well I mean you're only 19, it's not like you were already planning on getting married right?"

He was right, even though I really liked Lucas. It's not the end of the world, "Yea, but speaking of relationships I'm actually kinda sorta seeing someone new-"

"Geez already Mel? You're starting to catch up to my hoeish ways" Ten and I began to laugh while drinking our tea.

"Well yea, I wanted the three of us to actually hang out together-"

But as I spoke Ten's phone began to ring, it was his manager. He hurriedly picked up and I already knew what was coming next, "I'm sorry Mel but a photo shoot just got bumped up a few hours and it's all the way in Brooklyn"

"It's fine I understand, you're going to be living here for a few months anyways" I smiled letting him know I wasn't disappointed. And with that he left a $100 bill on the table and gave me a small hug.