t w e n t y t w o

Mark's Perspective
9:52am

I woke up in denial.

I knew that today was my last day in this apartment and it almost made my stomach hurt. I turned around to see Melanie wrapped up in all of the covers while still managing to look cold.

Her eyes slightly open, mouth agape, and hair a mess.

She so beautiful it's ridiculous. Even with the little puddle of saliva on the side of her mouth.

I got up and started packing the last bit of stuff in my closet. I tried to pack as softly as possible making sure to not wake Mel, too bad she's a light sleeper.

"What are you doing?" She asked as
she rubbed her eyes slowly,

"Packing the rest of my stuff up,
I'm sorry for waking you-"

"Can you just come lay with me a little longer?"

"Of course baby"

And with that I crawled back into bed with her and began to wrap myself around her body entirely.

Trying to pry the covers from her body felt like trying to wrestle a sumo wrestler. Eventually she noticed my struggle and gave me back some of the blankets.

As we snuggled I thought about how different our lives were going to be. What if Melanie moves on?

I tried to shake these thoughts away and only think about the moment we were living in currently.

-

3:23pm

Melanie and I spent the day packing up the last bit of my things while also trying to watch tv.

My flight departed at 11:15pm. So I tried to avoid looking at the clock all day because it just brought me anxiety.

A few hours later Taeyong and Johnny came by to wish me their final goodbyes.

"I can't believe my little brother is really leaving," Taeyong said seeming very emotional

"Me either it felt like just yesterday we came up with the foreign swaggers, how can we swag without you?" Johnny asked

"Melanie can fill in for me!" I said
trying to lift the spirits in the room

"But Melanie isn't foreign nor has any swagger-", Jaehyun added as he finally decided to come out of his room, earning him a slap on the arm from Melanie.

We continued to make jokes with each other until Taeyong handed me a small box full of little cards,

"What's this?"

"Well you have to open it to find out!" Taeyong replied with a smile

As I opened it, there were little notes from all of our friends and classmates, even some of my professors.

"Good luck Mark! Make us proud!"

"Don't forget about us!!!!"