s e v e n t e e n

Mark's Perspective

Now that I have a better understanding of
where Melanie and I stand, I can start focusing on my music again.

I've been spending most nights at the studio, trying to cram in writing, producing, and homework. It's been hard but God it's so worth it.

Today I didn't have any classes so I just decided to grab some food and head to the studio. I was granted access to this studio from one of my professors that use to produce music as a side job, but now he focuses solely on teaching.

As I relaxed today, I scribbled down some more lines and began to play around with some vocals. I've been working on this song called 'yestoday', and I've already written out two rapping verses but I feel like singing would fit the chorus the best. I continue to brainstorm away aimlessly without realizing that someone had entered.

"Shouldn't you be in class or something?" Ten laughed from behind me, causing me to jump (not from fear though just shock)

"I don't have classes today, but I had a lot of ideas in my head so I just decided to come by to let some of them out. How did you find me?"

Ten nodded as he grabbed a seat and joined me, "I asked Mel where could I find you and she said either here, your apartment or the fruit stand outside your building trying to buy a cup of watermelon "

I laughed at how pathetically accurate that was as I looked down at my hands.

Ten continued, "but I'm here because there's something that I wanted to talk to you about"

"What's up?"

"I haven't talked about this with anyone else, not even Mel-"

I began to worry, "So you know that I model and dance and all that good stuff right?"

I nodded in agreement,

"Well my agency is having auditions! They're looking for all types of people too, singers, dancers, rappers, you name it! I think you would have a really good chance of getting in, and I've seen your work ethic you've definitely got what it takes to become big. You can rap in both English and Korean without sounding awkward which is really impressive."

"Ten that's amazing! I'm down!! Just give me a date and time."

"This Saturday from 12-4, bring a song and demo cd."

I couldn't stop smiling causing Ten to laugh. I've been to several auditions here in NYC, but I've only faced rejection after rejection. Although I maybe getting my hopes up, I can't but get excited thinking about all the opportunities that may be ahead of me.

"There is one thing though-" Ten said with a slight sadness in his voice.

"Yea??"

"If you get in you're going to have to move to Korea"

"But don't forget to wear comfy clothes!"

-

So for the next couple of days I just practiced my ass off.