e i g h t e e n

Here I am in Mark's bed waiting for him to come back home before it gets too late. It's already 10:46 pm and he left at 11:15 this morning. Every time I called he would send me straight to voicemail and then respond with a text saying "be there shortly!" or "I'll call you as soon as I get a chance 💜"

I watched Hulu for hours and eventually got bored. This wasn't like Mark, he doesn't usually blow me off and I know damn well a test doesn't take this long.

But it's Mark I trust him, whatever he's doing it must be really important to him. I just hope he's not lying or anything.

Once it hit midnight I began to gather my things and get ready to head back to my dorm. As I headed towards the door, Mark finally came back in.

"Hey babe", Mark cooed as he smiled at me

"Mark where were you I was worried sick about you!"

"I was with my professor taking my test which took like two hours and then we were talking about music and just got caught up at the studio. I'm sorry Melanie"

I frowned, not because I was still upset, but because I knew he was lying.

I've known Mark basically all of our lives and I know for a fact that he's a terrible liar. When he lies he stutters and gets really flustered. I just don't get why he would lie to me though.

I decided to let it go as I bypassed him to go home.

-

Monday is the worst day of the week, no matter what. Do not @ me.

I wore sweats to all of my classes today because I couldn't even bother to try to look decent. I sat with Haechan in my first class as we goofed around as per usual.

"Haechannieeeeeee, why have you been so m.i.a recently? I miss having someone to be constantly shady with" I asked while pouting at him,

"I haven't been m.i.a, just a little busy"

I rolled my eyes aggressively waiting for Haechan to finally tell me the truth,

"Okay fine I have a secret"

"Please spill the tea"

"I auditioned for SM Entertainment, which if you don't know is a huge-"

"OH MY GOSH HAECHAN I KNOW WHAT SM IS CONGRATULATIONS HOW DID IT GO? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU IDIOT!"

"First of all lower your voice ma'am. Secondly I didn't want to jinx myself, the only other person that knew was Jaemin who auditioned too. We both got call backs"

I immediately leaped and wrapped my arms around Haechan tightly, "I'm so proud of you! You work so hard and you're so talented."

"Thank you Melly, I have a meeting scheduled for Thursday in which we'll discuss if I can become a trainee and sign a contract"

"Omg I'm going to best friends with an idol, will I be in fanfictions?"

"Please shut up"

And with that we continued to take notes and actually pay attention for once in class.

Once class was over Haechan and I got sandwiches from our favorite bodega and then headed our separate ways to our next classes. Since I arrived at my class early I decided to call Mark but his phone went automatically to voicemail.

f r i e n d s || mark leeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें