BLM

Hi guys! I wanted to use my platform to speak on the recent incidents within the US.

For those of you that do not know George Floyd was murdered on May 25th in Minneapolis, MN

For those of you that do not know George Floyd was murdered on May 25th in Minneapolis, MN. He was killed by officer Derek M. Chauvin, a officer with a track record of shooting/killing several other poc. He is also being represent by Tom Kelly, the same man that represented Jeronimo Yanez who murder Philando Castile (whom was acquitted).

As a black woman myself, my heart is breaking. I cried every time I talked about it aloud yesterday. That could've easily been one of my uncles, my cousins, my friends. ME.

I've also been devastated because so many people around me have chosen to remain silent. But I'm going to keep saying it:

your silence is loud enough.

I've been signing petitions left and right, donating what I can, educating myself on more deaths that haven't been televised or talked about.

If you are not black, please speak up. Please recognize your privilege and use it. Please check on your black friends. Solidarity is what is needed right now. We grew up reading about the Civil Rights Movement, almost being taught that things were different now. But the fight is no where near over. We need to fight to make sure future generations won't have to experience this.

If there are protests in your area and you plan on participating please be SAFE! We are still in the middle of a pandemic!!

Here are some of tips:
- Wear all black
- Wear a mask, running shoes, and clothes that allow for mobility
- Pack snacks/water
- Try to remain as unidentifiable as possible in case of being caught on camera (there is a history of Ferguson activists being killed promptly after riots/protests)
- Try to go with someone, and always make sure that someone within your family or close friends knows that you are attending a protest
- Keep cash on you
- The best form of transportation is a bike

Other ways to support the movement includes:

Sign petitions (there's one posted on my board), educate yourself on other cases, use your platform to spread awareness!

Thank y'all so much for the support you guys have given this story. And I would appreciate if y'all support myself and community in this fight for justice.

Much love and stay safe!! ❤️