t w e n t y t h r e e

a few weeks later

Living without Mark is boring to say the least.

I find myself to be very reserved now. I don't like going out as much and I would rather stay in my dorm and watch vlogs from my favorite YouTubers.

I also have a new bad habit of staying up really late in order to talk to Mark. He's been super busy but we've definitely been managing. Same with Haechan. We typically send each other memes throughout the day and FaceTime whenever it's convenient for both of us.

Jeno has been inviting me out more often which is really nice of him. I really appreciate it. Sadly it usually feels a tad awkward due to Jaemin typically being there also.

I've been making the best out of this situation.

I'm trying to.

-

I needed to study for my midterms so I decided to coop myself up in my dorm, while keeping my AirPods in my ears at all times.

As the song I was listening to transitioned to the next, I was able to hear a small knock on my door. I paused my music and rushed over, wondering who it could be at this time of night.

When I opened the door I was beyond surprised,

It was Raven.

"What are you doing here?"
I knew that I had an attitude but I
had every right to have one!

"I know you hate me and I know our friendship ended terribly, but please hear me out Mel"

"First of all I'm Melanie to you,
Secondly why should I bother to hear you out? You back stabbed, sabotaged, and spoke to me with disrespect. You're a terrible person, there's nothing you can say right now would convince me otherwise"

"Melanie I miss you! I'm sorry! For everything, you're absolutely right, I was a terrible friend to you and you have every right to hate me. Truth be told I hate myself for what I did to you. I betrayed you, and if this is the last time that I talk to you I just want you to know that I'm sorry okay?"

I nodded my head hoping that she got the message that it was time for her to leave. But this bitch didn't get the hint,

"I know that Mark and Haechan just moved to Korea, so I know that you're probably lonely. The same way you don't have any girl friends, is the same as me. If you need a girl to talk to, I'm here."

I nodded as I actually closed the door this time around. I don't know what that was about, but all I know is that she tried that.

I went back to my bed and continued studying. I tried calling Haechan but he was in practice, and so was Mark.

Although I hate to admit it, I definitely need new girl friends. Not to sound basic but I've always hung out around guys because I genuinely think they're more fun to be around. However I do miss the bond that comes with having a really close girl friend.

-

As I walked to my calculus class I ran into Jungwoo, who happened to be going to the same class.

"Hey jungwoo, are you ready to fail?"

"Yea, I came to that conclusion
while I was studying"

His voice is naturally so soft and timid, it makes my heart warm every time I hear it.

"I need your advice"

"What's up?"

"You remember what happened between Raven and I, right?"