1 - Awakening

Trying to cure my writer's block with writing this.

This is a Bloodborne and a Rosario x Vampire Crossover.

Major spoilers for Rosario and lore speculation for Bloodborne lies ahead.

29th December 2018 - 100 Reads (thank you all for giving new book concept a read.)

_______________

The Hunt was over.

Flora, the presence from the moon, the Great One of the Paleblood Moon, was slain by his hands.

The Hunter.

But before the Great One who conjured the Dream was slain, Gehrman, the First Hunter and his mentor, was also slain by his own hands, now he was freed from the Dream altogether now. Just as he wanted and desperately begged for all so long ago.

The battle itself, was a difficult one indeed, and one of the most sorrowful battles he had fought.

When he had first begun his hunt. The old hunter and his companion, brought him comfort.  But the Hunter knew his mentor wanted freedom from the Dream. The old hunter himself however, wanted to free the Good Hunter from the Dream so he would not suffer the same fate as him.

With both sides wanting to free the other, they had no choice face each other in combat, blade against blade, will against will, mentor against student. And the student had surpassed the mentor.

It almost seemed like ages ago when Gehrman disappeared before him. The Hunter stood in a daze, caked in the blood of the moon presence, mourning for the loss of his only parental figure. 

However, nature had other plans. 

Immense pain soon overwhelmed him.

He felt his limbs begin to grow numb. One by one, first it begun with his hands, then his legs, then it crept all the way to his entire body.

It was the sign of evolution. The notes he found during his hunt in the School of Mensis showed clearly that the umbilical cords may be a catalyst for humanity to reach the status of godhood, proven when it allowed him to push back against the monstrosity that came from the paleblood moon. With the three umbilical cords consumed, along with the blood echoes of the many Great Ones he had slain, it was certainly a ripe time for him to become one himself.

But will he allow it to overcome him?

Or will be fight back?

But suddenly, the Hunter had other thoughts.

No.

No...

NO!

He would fight the fate chosen for him!

No longer will he concede to the natural order of the Great Ones!

Through sheer willpower alone, the Hunter managed halted his evolution to become a Great One. He fell on his knees and onto the field of flowers, groaning in pain. It took everything he had to stop the sudden change. And he blacked out.

______________

After a duration of time has passed, the Hunter re-awoke on the field of lilies, standing upright to examine himself. He has felt something changed within him, but for now he has halted his evolution.

The Hunter knew one day it will be inevitable that he will transcend. But it was not something that he had wanted now. With the knowledge and insight gained, the Hunter understood things that would normally be beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. Of the idea of the Gods, their culture, and many others.