2

When I woke up I was in this strange old house. Damon was standing over me worry covering his features. I looked at him and touched my body jumping up suddenly. Was I dead? I didn't feel any different "Hey hey hey look at me look at me" he said grabbing my face and sighing "You're ok Elena you're human" I let out a long sigh the largest weight lifting off my shoulders. But... How? I looked over at the body lying on the ground outside "John- he gave you his life" I was so shocked I froze for a minute how is that possible? Why would he do that for me? I knew why but I still wanted to ask it just wasn't something I expected from him of all people. A twinge of sadness filled me, even though he wasn't a good dad he was the only one I had. And it wasn't only him, Jenna's gone too. The thought of being alone was darkening the relief i felt about being alive. I shook myself from my thoughts but spent the rest of the day getting everything together, I wanted to bury everyone. I'd lost so much recently and I just wanted a chance to say goodbye.

We couldn't truly mark their graves we'd have to tell somebody about their deaths for that. We couldn't do that so in spaces next to my parents John and Jenna laid. My heart was hurting so much I had truly no parents or really any family besides Jeremy left. I looked over at him a tear coming down my face as I hugged him. We were all each other had, if something were to happen to him. I know I would lose myself in a way that would be irreparable. I couldn't let that happen I have to protect him at all costs. We all got lucky this time and we found a way to make this happen without me really dying. If it comes down to me or them again I will not hesitate to make sure that it's them.

And of course the universe always finds a way to make sure that I keep even my silent promises. Stefan told me that Damon's dying and I of course didn't even let him apologize for trying to make me a vampire. I was so hurt and I didn't know, as soon as I could get to it I was at the boarding house. Damon was lying in his bed looking much like Rose did when she died. The thought of losing someone else today hurt more than I would care to admit. Stefan was desperate, he would find a way to save Damon, he had to. Hours and hours went by, Damon had gone on a couple murderous rampages and I was beginning to lose hope. Was there no saving him? I don't know how or when I started to feel for Damon but I did. He might have his moments but since I've met true monsters I understand him now. His weaknesses though extremely annoying and frustrating were nothing compared to what I'd seen now. That's why I laid here talking to him telling him everything he wanted to hear.

And then just as I had said goodbye kissing his forehead Katherine came. She held up this bottle of blood and smirked at me "Looks like you've already moved on with the other brother" I frowned "What's that" I asked confused "It's the cure, Klaus' blood, Stefan got it for him" I ran a hand through my hair "What did Stefan give up" Klaus didn't give anything to anyone. Everything came with a price. His blood came at a high one I knew that. Katherine bit her lip looked down and sighed "Himself. Klaus needed a henchman and he's going to use Stefa-" I didn't even let her finish before I was out the door. I texted Bonnie urgently asking her to do a locator spell to find him. I wouldn't let him take him from me, Stefan didn't deserve it. Whatever he's already done will probably haunt him. I can't let him give himself up. I won't. They couldn't have gone too far I was practically speeding down roads going nowhere. Then Bonnie texted me they were at the docks and I sped down the roads leading to it.

 Then Bonnie texted me they were at the docks and I sped down the roads leading to it