22

I looked at Klaus my breathing speeding up times 1000. I clutched my chest unable to fathom how I could possibly manage this. My body jerked feeling the first wave of many pains going through my body. I grabbed Klaus' arm clenching my teeth "Get Mother and Rebekah we'll need their help. Hurry it up would you love we don't have the luxury to waste time" she rushed off and Klaus focused all his attention on me "Listen to my voice love I need you to breathe far slower. I can hear your heartbeat it's going extremely fast and it's making the babies hearts going faster and I'm not a doctor but I'd hardly think that's good" I glared at him for his attempts at humor in this particular moment but followed his instruction, slowing my breathing.

"Good. Now Freya has gone off to get the useful people for this bit okay" I nodded clenching my teeth and squeezing his arm tighter "Whyyyyyyy would you do this to me" I yelled as the pain in my back increased tenfold "Well I'd say it was more of a team effort but you don't seem in the lightest of moods" I gripped his shirt pulling him closer "Stop joking" he put his hands up in surrender and held back his smile. Freya in that moment rushed in with towels and Esther and Rebekah trailing behind "Move away Niklaus" his mother said sternly her concentration focused in on my labor. She grabbed my legs spreading them whispering a small spell making me sigh in relief. She eased the pain a bit for me the intense burning of my lower half decreased greatly. Rebekah came up next to me stacking the pillows up behind me propping me up perfectly.

Freya laid the towels under me and legs and then went to work on the healing spell. I could feel the boost of strength from just the beginnings of the spell. Esther sat at the edge of my bed laying scissors next to me "You haven't reached the point of pushing yet so we have time to gather our wits" I nodded throwing my head back I was trembling of everything I've ever faced this was the most terrifying. Esther rubbed my leg soothingly "Have you thought of names dear child" I shook my head "I like Eliza" Bekah's name was nice I suppose but the look on Klaus' face said it all. Guess that one was underwhelming for the name of his heir "I prefer Calliope. Good strong name" I rolled my eyes and looked at Rebekah "I hope he's not always like this" I whispered to myself "There's a beautiful one. Hope. Hope Mikealson" Esther said smiling at me, it was nice, Klaus hadn't spoken on that one gadging my reaction as I was gadging his.

"I love it. I'd like to name my son Henry" the room fell silent and I looked at Klaus smiling a little. His face was unreadable for a moment and I was scared that he actually didn't like it. Esther and Bekah were no easier feats everyone's face was stoic and I winced at the silence and contraction hitting me. I looked around the room once more before finally "Henry is a good name. It will fit your son perfectly Elena" Rebekah said smiling a little and squeezing my shoulder. I relaxed not hearing an objection to the name or a storm out from Klaus. The next contraction hit a little harder even with Freya working to help me I still hunched forward and screamed out. Klaus was at my side again in seconds and rubbed my back. I laid my head on his shoulder breathing heavily "How much longer will she endure this" Esther shrugged "Anywhere from a half hour, an hour, to many hours I can't be sure every woman is different" she said rubbing my leg as yet another hit me.

"They aren't very far apart" Rebekah noted "Yes but this is a different circumstance I believe Elena's body is need of more maintenance before it can deliver the twins. It's putting itself through more work" it sounded good but I didn't care all I wanted was to be done with it. I just wanted to hold my babies. We sat in waiting limbo for 8 hours everyone watching me like a hawk as I dilated 10 centimeters. Klaus sat by me squeezing my hand just as hard as I squeezed his when a contraction hit me. He would whisper small encouragements telling me how easy I was making this look. I would laugh and tell him to stop flirting with me and then I'd go back to being in labor and in pain "Alright that's good enough. Elena this next part is going to demand much of you. I need you to push as hard as you can when it comes do you hear me" I nodded a little hesitant with the moment finally being here.

"Elena! I need you to really understand me" I nodded now confidently and she sighed "Ok now 1...2....3 pushhhh. Come on that's it perfect alright here comes the next one. Great" she tried her best to be encouraging as I pushed with everything I had in me. Bekah had my right arm helping me brace myself while I pushed and Klaus had my left.  I dug my fingers deep in their skin gritting my teeth and using every muscle to push harder each time. Klaus kissed my hand and then my forehead "One more time Elena!" Esther shouted "Klaus I can't do anymore" I whimpered not wanting to do anymore pushing "You have to. We're almost there, I'm dying to meet our children. I know you can do this love" I closed my eyes breathing in deep before using all my might to push one more time.

"It's Henry" Esther whispered holding up a crying and squirming baby Henry. I smiled watching her cut the umbilical cord and wrap him in a towel. She gently walked over to me and placed him in my arms "He's so beautiful" Bekah whispered playing with the towel "Yes he is" Klaus whispered looking astonished by his son. For a while all was quiet and I had completely forgotten everything when I was hit hard with another contraction. Klaus took the delicate baby out of my arms and stood back as I screamed out again. Freya began chanting louder putting more energy into her healing spell. Too much, her nose began to bleed fiercely and she was shaking violently "Esther... Freya" I spoke hoarsely and weakly pointing to her need for help. Esther looked between us conflicted until she handed Bekah the bloody scissors.

"And what on earth am I supposed to do with this" she asked giving her mother a look "Save that child's life" she spoke before joining hands with Freya and chanting with her. Rebekah got between my legs coaching me as she watched Esther do. I was on my last push my body felt practically destroyed. I was incapable of properly raising my arm at this point "It's almost over once more Lena don't give up 1...2...3 push" I mustered up the last of my strength breathing deeper than before and pushing with all I had. I could feel every last bit of me give up, all my functions shut down. Rebekah went to hand me the baby but moments before she could her neck snapped and Freya snatched my baby from her. To my right Esther lie on the ground bleeding out and Klaus pinned to the wall. Freya walked over to me holding my twins triumphantly.

"Easier than I could have ever imagined" Dahlia said coming out of the shadows "How sweet is it to see the great Original Witch bleeding out in her own home. Then we have the great Mikealson original vampires and lastly you. You're so weak you can't even keep your eyes open" I watched her walk around the room a sneer plastered on my face. I'd never been so disgusted and disappointed in my life "You know what they do to sick dogs who can't do their job? They put them down. And it is with great pleasure I give you the same courtesy" I wasn't very afraid my body was spent I welcomed the end. Only issue was Klaus who watched painfully from the wall screaming out for her to leave me alone. My heart rate sped up as she was closer now "Elena. Elena look at me sweetheart. Don't look at her. Just look at me. There you go. Don't be afraid I love you" I smiled and breathed in "I lo-" my words fell off as Dahlia slid her knife against my neck and killed me.