10

I changed into some sweatpants and a cute cami, brushed out my hair and sighed looking at myself in the mirror wondering how Klaus could see all that in me. I felt a little unworthy of his ideal of me, I'm not perfect, not even a little bit, but maybe that's one of the good things about Klaus he's so far from perfect himself I don't have to be perfect for him "I never thought I'd see the day but here I am. I told my brother if this ever happens to him I'm going to give him hell for it. So thank you for this I'm going to have so much fun" I frowned turning to Rebekah a little confused, what is she talking about?

"You don't know? Oh come on! After all this time you still don't see it" I looked around completely and utterly puzzled "He's in love Elena. Or at least he's falling deep in it with you, in the past I have fallen for a couple boys and he has made it his mission to make me feel stupid for it now I can get him back for all the teasing" I backed away from her a little, her words catching me off guard "He's not in love with me" she scoffed and chuckled a little giving me a look and handing me my jean jacket.

"Oh come on. Even a blind man can see it he's head over heels for you I haven't seen him in such a good mood in ages plus he's been in love once before I know what that looks like on my brother" she kept trying to convince me but I shook my head no, couldn't be "I don't know why you don't believe me you're in love with him too" I frowned and she frowned before smiling and shaking her head "Of course, you're fighting against it still not as much as before but still fighting. That's fine I know what's going on with you and soon you'll see it just as clearly as I do" she left with a big smile on her face and I was left to think about what she said alone.

In love? Was I that deep yet? Did I love him? It took so long for me to even gain any feelings towards him could I really say that those feelings are love now. My thoughts were scattered by arms being wrapped around my waist and as usual the familiar feeling made me smile wide "Why is it that I always find you deep in thought about something sweetheart" I turned to face to see him smirking at me "Because with you around I have a lot to think about now" he rolled his eyes and gave me a small kiss he rested his forehead on mine and I sighed in content.

Standing with him now I could see what he was talking about when Rebekah said we were in love. I opened my mouth so close to saying it when the door slammed open "You need to see this" we ran downstairs to see a woman with long brown hair standing in the doorway "Freya?" a stunned Esther said tears in her eyes "Mom?" she said running over to her and hugging her, everyone was silent watching the two interact. They have another sister I looked at Klaus watching her extremely closely he was trying to figure out if she was real.

"Who is Elena" she asked her mom urgency seeping into her voice "What do you need with her" Klaus said stepping in front of me slightly "She's in danger I don't mean her any harm I just want to know if I came in time. Judging by the way you're ready to kill me over mentioning the girl tells me I didn't" he narrowed his eyes at her and I stepped out from behind him "I'm Elena. What do you mean I'm in danger? From who?" I asked chills running up my spine "As you know word gets around fast in the supernatural community and news of my brother's mate is no exception. In recent you've attracted quite a bit of attention to yourself doppelganger and many of the enemies Klaus has amassed over the years have a new target now" he looked down guilt and shame crossing his features when I looked over at him.

I grabbed his hand and rubbed reassuring circles on skin "Why would they come for me now? Klaus is a hybrid now they can't kill him how are expecting to get close to me let alone him" she shook her head "Did Klaus not tell you? As his mate you are the only thing that can kill him. Your death would be the equivalent of tearing his heart out with your own hands and vice versa" I looked back at him wondering why he wouldn't tell me and then it became abundantly clear. He thought I'd use it against him, that I'd tell someone and use it to my advantage or try to kill him just because. I tried not to let it get to me but knowing that even after all this he still didn't trust me hurt.